I can't do this anymore

I'm just so tired of everything. The depression, horrible thoughts, other health issues I'm dealing with. I just don't feel well hardly ever. I ask myself what's the point of going on. I have no quality of life whatsoever. I just don't know what to do anymore.

You have to do something about it, NJ. I know you've had a tough go at it. OCD can become all consuming. It's like your brain refuses to shut off and you're constantly thinking thoughts you don't want and thinking about the thoughts. You can do something about it. But you have to do it. It's hard work. You have to get up in the morning and commit yourself to improving your situation. You have to learn what you need to do (we've given you lots of advice on that) and you have to implement the strategies. You have to tough it out. You have to get tough with your disorder. You can improve your situation.

I just don't know how I'm going to get better in the position I'm in right now. I have other issues that aren't even related to OCD/depression. It's just too much. I just don't think I'm ever going to get better. I don't want to live a life where I have to force myself to do things & not being able to enjoy anything.

Hi NJ,i could of written that myself,in fact i was going to post something then i saw yours,so i know how you are feeling,i have struggled today with sorting some more of my kitchen out and have been in tears as i am so afraid,and every day is a struggle,but i guess all we can do is our best!

Take care and try and keep going,i hope things improve for you x

Well you won't get better if you keep the attitude that you won't get better. People can get to a better place with their OCD. You have other issues to deal with then you need to work on those too.

I suppose so, but the problem is doctors haven't been able to find out what's wrong with me with the other issue I have. I've tried different treatments & seen different doctors & they can't seem to ever help me. It's affecting my life very negatively along with these mental issues I have.

I'm sorry to hear that NJ,I have health problems as well as other stuff going on apart from my ocd so I do know how hard it is to carry on,I just hope you can find the strength within you to be able to.

I'm sorry NJ if I have butted in on your thread. x

Hi,

If the Doctors are unable to find anything wrong with you could it be that your health worries are caused by stress. When I lost my mum I was so upset I suffered from really bad stress. I thought I had all sorts of things wrong with me and so did the Doctors, and I had a lot of tests, until my own Doctor said he thought it was stress.

I have had a really hard day today as I have had to clear our upstairs rooms out and lift carpets and dust was everywhere and I am really tiered now and I am really stressed and feel fed up. But I know that I have to keep going tomorrow and work through my anxieties.

I do agree with you, sometimes it’s hard to enjoy things when we feel that way and may be when we do something we dont really want to do we may not get any enjoyment from it, but if we can keep doing things that we do like we may then slowly start to enjoy them like we once did as our mod improves. Two weeks ago I had to go out and I ended up walking along the river in the rain, I never wanted to go but it was such a lovely evening despite the rain, I enjoyed it so much, it was really wonderful. So sometimes when we dont want to do something we can end up enjoying it.

If we don’t start to do things to help ourselves then our mood will never improve, we have to change our behaviour to help our mind.

I hope you can get things sorted for yourself.