Hi all,

I'm sorry to be posting , I'm at work at the moment and I'm not handling my thought well.

I brought in some tomateo soup for lunch, so I poured it out of the metal tin into a plastic container.

When it was ready and I poured my soup into a bowl to eat, I noticed around the edges of the plastic container on the inside it was all rough feeling like some of the plastic had melted.

Now I'm petrified because I've read that the chemicals that make the plastic can leak into food causing cancer etc and I dont really know how to calm myself down while I'm here at work.

I've got loads of plastic containers at home I microwave food in and the inside around the edges are rough where the plastic must have melted.

Can someone help me please

I've got containers I've had chilli in so many times, the edges inside are all rough

Has plastic been leaking into my food for so long ?

I've found loads of website that is saying how dangerous it is

What you're looking for is reassurance. All that will do is feed the obsession and keep it coming back strong. Try to focus on something else. Realize it is all ocd and ride out the wave of anxiety... It will go down of its own accord.

Guest PaulM

Hi Gemzi3,

I completely empathize with you on this. I know how hard this type of thing is. I do the same.

I've found loads of website that is saying how dangerous it is

And you will unfortunately if you look for them.

My own is experience is the Internet is littered with sites of an alarming nature. Some sites will say it's dangerous. Other sites will say otherwise.

Gasoline is one of my triggers. I've tried to find reassurance that it is safe. Some sites claim it completely evaporates. Others list terrifying warnings. Proving either is, unfortunately, pretty futile.

I have a lot of what are called cognitive distortions:

- all or nothing (black or white) thinking

- intolerance of uncertainty

- "what if" thinking

- hyper responsibility

I'm still learning, and trying to accept, that these are distortions and will cause the issue at hand to appear a certain way. It's way I approach the thoughts. Undoing that is difficult, but possible.