A Big Thank You To Everyone Who Has Helped Me

As the title says i would just like to say thank you very much to all who have helped me since i have been on here,you have been a big support to me and i will miss you.

I wish everyone all the very best and hope you keep on fighting this rotten illness x

Edited by daisy

Hi imalright. No I don't know Daisy and never really spoken to her on here but I was reading the other thread before (were everyone was debating) and just hoped she was ok. X

Thanks Saz and imalright for asking and caring,i'm sorry i worried you both,i am in such a state at the moment,i just don't feel worthy of contributing anything to the forum x

Sometimes I think we all need a break from the constant reminder of our situation.

Everyone who has an account on here has a right to express opinions and be heard, I am so sorry you are not happy on here anymore. , I know Daisy you have had a tough time lately so take care of yourself . I personally have found support and comfort in your posts .

Come on Daisy, at some time or another there are always going to be disagreements between people on the forum, considering the pressure we're all under (and yes that does include the mod team, we also suffer from all OCD throws at us on a daily basis while volunteering here) and the nature of some of the discussions that take place it would be pretty strange if we all got along well, all the time.

It has to be your decision whether or not you'd like to continue contributing and using the forum, but if I'm honest I'm uncomfortable with the way you've chosen to handle this, was posting this topic really necessary when you could simply have taken a breather for a couple of days while the dust settled?

Hi Daisy, I wanted to echo the above comments that you shouldn't leave unless you think taking a break from the forums will help your recovery. Even if you feel like you don't have anything to contribute outwardly right now, if at all you are getting benefit from being here, then you should definitely stay and feel welcomed in doing so!

I am very sorry you feel uncomfortable Hal,the reason isn't only what was said on an earlier thread,i am not that childish.

I am very grateful for this forum and all the work that goes into running it.

I just wanted to thank people,seems i can't do right for doing wrong,i really do wish i hadn't written anything.

i really do wish i hadn't written anything.

........would you like it still to stand or set as invisible, if after sleeping on it you'd like it made visible again that's not a problem, but maybe coming at it afresh later today might help?

Put into perspective Daisy, is this necessary or in your best interest?

I appreciate that you are unhappy with my comments, They're not a personal attack on you in any way whatsoever, merely a wish to stop a situation escalating that needn't be, for all involved and in everyone's best interest.......that's all. No-one's comments were suppressed or denied, just a request that we draw a line and move forward from that point. I don't think that's so unfair.

Will take some time out me-thinks for a while!

Caramoole :(

Daisy, apologies for my directness. But this forum at the moment does not appear to be helping you - but I think that there is too much going off for you at the moment for you to be saying you are not posting anymore .

You know people misinterpret or react to posts in a manner that was not intended - it happened the other day when I responded to one of your posts, and you ended up defending me .

This place should not be a compulsion - just a source of support !!!

The forum can be - and usually is - immensely helpful to a very large number of people - its so important to allow OCD-UK to fulfil its mission statement and why it pays for free access out of the charitable contributions people - like me - make.

I do that - and spend time on here - with a genuine desire to help others. I come and go as I please and happen to have chosen to enjoy the extra priviliges of full OCD-UK membership.

Being a forum user has even found me a new experienced private therapist.

In my time on the forum there have been occasional disagreements and people have taken umbrage and said they would leave the forum.

But I think we should take a step back from our initial assessment in such circumstances and remember what we are here for - and that is not to fall out with each other or take umbrage.

Strong views will get expressed sometimes umbrage will be taken, but we should forgive and forget and draw a line under it.

Hi Daisy,

Going by some of the replies, & reading between the lines, it sounds like there may be little more to this.

I kind of agree with AJ45 that it probably is best to take a break if posting is due to OCD or even egotistical type compulsions. However, if this isn't the case, then I say carry on as normal.

There are clearly many on here that value your input, me included, & there are always likely to be disagreements, but please try not to feel 'driven away', & instead look at it as being far less problematic than your least troublesome OCD.

:original:

I agree Felix - although interested to know what you mean by "egotistical compulsions"? X

Hi gingerbreadgirl,

I just want to point out that the latter part of the comment wasn't directed at daisy in any way.

At times I read posts (often long winded), & then find myself questioning after what exactly the point of it was, as in how it relates to OCD, or indeed anything mental health related? It makes me feel annoyed, as if I have been duped into reading something that starts off under the guise of being OCD/MH related material, but it then changes tack, & comes across as the posters main incentive is to tell others something about themselves, as if it more in the way of an egotistic compulsion.

It is like the introductory bit about OCD is actually quite irrelevant, & simply a prerequisite for it to be allowed on the main forum. Yes there is always the option to simply not to read, & tbh I often don't, but that often comes at the expense of others, & makes reading the full in/outs of other peoples threads difficult, which as a result I don't always bother with.

Edited by felix4