If we could pretend :)

Guest Nikki79

Guest Nikki79

Just a few thoughts that maybe if we acted like everyone else and bbehaved like them would we be ok? Don't we deserve that and isn't it the truth? In fact we are probably and not being mean but more caring than most X

We can't assume the actions of everyone else are ok.

Then of course there is a the question of what is normal again.

The trick I use very successfully, as taught me by my first therapist, is this.

At a time when we are in a good place mentally and OCD wise, draw up - or get someone to help us with drawing up - a character reference, especially commenting on our real thoughts and feelings regarding the issue that our OCD targets.

then when the intrusions and doubts and uncertainties come calling, we can refer to our character reference and use it to wallop the OCD to Kingdom come!!!

You are right on your second point - I have found that those suffering from OCD are usually extremely caring loving persons, which is why OCD whispering in their ear that they are actually bad, have thoughts and feelings and urges contra to their core values they cherish, is so distressing.

Guest Nikki79

Hi taurean I went to the therapist we talked a bit and I'm starting erp next week now that im on Meds too. He says I'm stronger than I think and seem that way. Since coming out of the session I've started worrying about thoughts o have around sex again tho. I normally dismiss them during it but they are at me a bit again.

Guest Nikki79

Hi Sophie not much I've got stuck on another worry again where I fear is true. Whenever I used to masturbate before well I wonder was it something horrible. You see I never think of anything when I do it, its more doing it as a bodily function. Anyway when I look back on other times I see I done it and kind of believe it was almost masculine relieving tension and somehow indirectly to do with my fears. Kids etc cos of the masculinity in the way it was done etc. Its hard to explain

Guest sophie13

I think I get it; Stop analyzing :-)

I'm trying to get my sex life back and I miss masturbating. I know your mind asks you to be sure of a certain question. Ignore it as much as you can!

It's quite ****** up because of sexual intrusive thoughts, other kind of thoughts, intrusive, non intrusive etc etc etc etc.

Guest Nikki79

But when you believe it Sophie. I seemed to believe this in the past. Just cos its a thought doesn't mean its true tho right or a belief? I mean if its true what did I do wrong anyway? I know I'm analysing but I still don't like I would have done that.

Guest sophie13

So, in the past, when you were masturbating you were saying to yourself: "right, I'm masturbating because I have tension because of this thoughts and I would like the tension to go away?"

Guest Nikki79

No just a belief that and this panicks me when the thought really resonates with me.. That I'm relieving tension like a man almost and its to do with something it shouldn't be. Its to do with kids somehow too I swear I'd have to think hard again to get the whole worry and might feel even more sick over it. I just wanna feel ok and back to my old self Sophie

I can pretend. Heard of the saying fake it til you make it?

You can be the person you want to be. I see myself as being outgoing and confident and resilliant but im actually quiet and shy and let emotions dictate my choices. I have read that if u can act how u wish to be then eventually you will become this way. I have started going right out of my comfort zone and so far im doing ok and getting closer to being a more confident me! Xxx

Sometimes I masturbate while thinking at children. So ? does that make me a paedophile ? you shouldnt feel so guilty for masturbation and thoughts. I have ocd but I dont have this fear of being pedo or gay because I know I am not. It`s natural to be attracted by attractive people, even if they are kids. So what ? I won`t rape a child or do anything bad to her. It`s just thoughts.