An odd feeling today

Guest itsnotmeitsmyocd

Guest itsnotmeitsmyocd

Hiya All,

I have recently cut my ssri med dose by half, and then half again. I did have some harsh withdrawal symptoms despite gradually tapering down. I had an odd feeling today - i felt energetic and more like "me" , yes ocd was still there - as it always is. But for the whole day i just felt i had more clarity of mind and better able to deal with ocd - in the right way. I dare to say that withdrawal symptoms may finally be over. Maybe this was a one off, maybe it was not, lets see eh :)

I've heard that from a few people before. Along with the energy boost comes an anxiety boost, just make sure you have the tools and you are ready to use then if and when the anxiety comes on. That's the hardest part. I came off mine before and had the same feeling as you, but as soon as something hardcore happened to me I couldn't handle the anxiety because I wasn't ready with the right tools. I'm not saying that will happen to you, I hope it goes well for you. I know you have been working really hard and probably have those tools in your toolbelt at hand to get by. I wish you luck, keep us informed.

Guest itsnotmeitsmyocd

Hiya jballan

Thank you for your advice hun. I have been in litigation which is a non stop hardcore worry/workload - grrrrrr. Anxiety is always there virtually non-stop day and night, so this is why i decided to reduce, as either way the ssris were not helping in any way. So far the bonus has been clarity of mind, not to say it's been easy. It's early days yet, i am just happy to be over the withdrawal - only way i can explain it is that it was like lightening striking in my head. They do not tell you all this when you start ssri's, they just say it's not addictive. I am not anti-meds, the one i take for PTSD has helped me considerably.

How are you? Maybe we can meet up in chat soon? x