Looking for teenagers to interview for a documentary

Guest documnentarymaker

Guest documnentarymaker

Hi everyone,

I'm a GCSE student from Kingston College in London. I'm looking for teens (male or female) to interview for a short noncommercial documentary I have to do for my Media Studies class. My documentary is about eating disorders, including Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), and how the media may cause it. If there is anyone out there who would like to have their say and would be willing to let me interview them please reply.

I understand that you may be hesitant to do this but I have a close friend with OCD and so I understand that this is no laughing matter and will treat you with the utmost respect and compassion.

If you do agree to do this, then we will meet in a public place and you should bring a friend so that you feel safe. I can't afford to pay you but maybe a cup of coffee or whatever would be payment enough. I just want to give a genuine account of the troubles that people with BDD go through with.

Thank You! :original:

hmm.It's a start to want to interview teenagers and it's true that it sometimes starts when people are in their teens but it's a bit like interviewing teenagers with diabeties.It's a lifelong condition that needs to be managed and I think a lot of teenagers will not fully be aware they have it I.Really, every age group should be considered to be just as important with BDD and other forms of OCD.OCD and BDD aren't unfortunately things that people necessarily grow out of and can very often grow into much later in life.

Guest documnentarymaker

I'm not saying that any age group is more affected or important. It is just part of my assignment to interview teenagers in particular.

• 2 months later...
Guest Starlight505

hello

i would like to do this study however I am in my twenties. I was diagnosed with OCD since age 10. Then by my late teens I started developing BDD. Its so bad that I attempted suicide. I still struggle and my life is really limited. I Rarely leave the house. I think media does make it worse. The standards to look good are just way to high these days that I can't cope. I already take a long time to get ready then you have to think about hair make-up etc. Its just too exhausting for me I don't know how other women cope (maybe because they don't have OCD so get ready quickly. I'm so slowed down by the OCD, its never perfect enough). I just give up most days and say **** it and flex the depressed look with little make-up. I'm fed up. I wish I was a man then I wouldn't have to worry about make-up and periods.