I Hate The Way I Look

Guest JordanThomas1995

Guest JordanThomas1995

For several years now, I can barely look at myself in the mirror. I believe that I'm ugly, I have a very long face, I have horrible deep eyes and I feel that I'm just horrible altogether. My girlfriend keeps telling me that I'm the most beautiful guy she has ever met because I'm natural. The thing that really gets me depressed is when it is time to have my hair cut. I have thick wavy hair and I always ask to have a small trim to the point where nothing is really cut and I still think its too short and I get so upset about it I want to hide. Its really upsetting and it makes me really depressed but I cannot help myself.

Dear Jordan pleased to meet you I'm Ace(Steve) I'm very sorry how you're feeling&totally understand where you're coming from.Haircuts can be very distressing for BDD sufferers,are you seeing anyone for how you're feeling about your BDD?.I'd like to help you as I've also been a sufferer of BDD for many years with anything I can help for you.I know how difficult haircuts can be when I was at school for e.g&had some haircuts that ended up being cut too short and even after school it made me feel so horrible seeing my nose stick out so much&I felt fpr e.g when my hair was longer it maybe was able to hide my nose in some ways.

I know how this can torture you so much but it is definitely the illness of BDD it seems and certainly not you in any way at all ok JT :original: .

Hi Jordan.I know what you mean.I never look in the mirror when I'm having my hair cut and always pretend to look whan they show me the back of my head.As Ace says you should get some treatment as it will help and sometimes completely overcomes it