Feeling confused and guilty

Guest Anonomous17645

Guest Anonomous17645

I was exposed to a fear of mine the other day. I remember feeling very anxious in the situation, and did not want to gain any intrusive thoughts, if that makes any sense at all. Only that did not happen, I keep remembering the situation (I did not/do not want to) and I have tried countless times to 'o'clock and I also tried to reassure myself which has not worked I believe that I am a sick person because of the thought. :(

This is what I'm really confused about though-

What made it always was that I have been away from home for a few days so have found the thought to be worse when my mind is not occupied due to sort of feeling on edge i guess, although other this was not as often as I thought :D Now when I came home yes I still fear the thought but I feel more at ease and more able to tackle it. This sometimes happens even on trips to the cinemas and things like that. when I get home the thought to does not bother me half as much or even in some cases disappears.

This particular thought I feel bad for even having and so I think how can I live? how can I see the person involved in the thought over and over again?

Guest jayjay89

Hey Anon,

People have horrible thoughts all the time, most people just have the thought, pay no attention and it goes away. OCD grabs ahold of the thought and we blow it up in our minds.

You can treat it just like any other thought :)

Good luck!