flushed & Numb - Merged Thread

My cheeks have been pink and hot all day, I myself don't fee l hot. I have been very stressed and when I looked on the internet I noticed a lot of stressed out people tend to get it, I usually get it in my arms, which can last days. It is most uncomfortable. particularly as I am obsessing over it. My right arm is also hot but not red.

Edited by Phili
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

histamine? I don't know what that is? But I don't think so. It is likely from all the stress I have has this week and the other symptoms are likely because I am panicing over it.

Edited by Phili

I want to know what it is...I have had it before, I noticed it around dinner, then fell asleep and woke up with it again but I think I had it before that. I have had it before, last time I had a cold a few days later.

it's a natural compound chemical, produced by the body, but it's also found in red wine etc. If I get a build-up of it, I get flushy and wheezy. You could try an anti-histamine tablet like clarity but please go to your doctor if you've never taken them before. This will combat excessive histamines usually caused by allergic reactions.

I don't think it is that. I don't drink wine and I haven't eaten anything with new ingredients. My skin is all prickly, feels like adrenaline, it is likely a build up of adrenaline from all the stress. Of which I had had a tone and the odd sleeping. I get hot red skin a lot, just usually in the arms. Now I have it in the face and arms.

Edited by Phili

Phili, you are worrying about nothing. Past experience should be a good indicator that this is just another obsession for you to deal with. You know you shouldn't be on the forum listing out your symptoms and Googling about them.

My nipple is hot now and I have prickling and tingling, typical anxiety symptoms. My psychologist told me this story.

She said she used to live in Bristol and there is a huge shopping center and everyday there would be a man there doing this funny dance. One day someone asked him what he was doing and he said he was frightening away the dragons. The person said, have you ever seen the dragons? He said no. So they said, dont you wonder why you never see them and he said because he frightens them away. He doesn't know the dragons don't exist because she never takes the risk of not dancing. I have been using this story to help me. It has helped me overcome my fear of the kitchen, it is just a dragon.

Its a dragon, its a dragon.

They are cool to the touch now and much less pink. Trouble is I get all the adrenaline from my anxiety and then unlike other people I just sit so it builds up in my system and I get this. I need a hug and Anne is asleep

My face is still pink and my arms are very pink but I just got up so maybe that is why. I have high anxiety again so it has made it worse. My right arm is also burning and stinging a little. I read that stress and anxiety can cause problems with your skin in varied ways.

Edited by Phili

She said she used to live in Bristol and there is a huge shopping center and everyday there would be a man there doing this funny dance. One day someone asked him what he was doing and he said he was frightening away the dragons. The person said, have you ever seen the dragons? He said no. So they said, dont you wonder why you never see them and he said because he frightens them away. He doesn't know the dragons don't exist because she never takes the risk of not dancing. I have been using this story to help me. It has helped me overcome my fear of the kitchen, it is just a dragon.

I wonder which one. Maybe he could have chased away some of my dragons.

Is there a stereo in your room, Phili? Could you listen to music offline? Did you ever get around to making those animals?

There's nothing but you Phili stopping you from getting off your bum and doing something, you're a very young woman and although you may feel discomfort, that's it!

If you want to improve you're going to have to work very hard at changing how you respond to things....something we all have to do.

Do you want to change or do you want to exist and continue like this? It's a question you need to answer honestly if you want to move forward.

I am not feeling too good myself right now.Various aches pains and discomfort, and feeling tense.

But I know that once I stop obsessing and compulsing and my mind clears, anxiety will drop off and the symptoms should reduce.

Only I can make the change - and only you can in your case, Phili.

Guest nikko9000

Be brave and accept your condition. If you can be brave to just accept yourself without trying to figure out how to solve it. Accept that it is how you will be forever. Then it is a fact that you will be better. If you refuse to accept, you will do everything to find a way to prevent what you are afraid of. Whatever it is that you are doing, is compulsions which will maintain your fears in order to remind you to fix them.

Let us just assume that you look pink. I had the same problem. I was afraid that when i become anxious I look red and as if I am angry. So the solution is to go out there, maybe people think the worst, maybe they dont think the worst at all. Don't even care to figure out this. Just get used to live life without knowing. Do this for some months, and suddenly you stop giving a **** and your symptoms will be much better if not already cured.

Why do you have to do this? It is because you have OCD, and that is our curse. Our curse shouldnt be to be trapped in thoughts for years. But our curse is that we need to be brave and show determination to handle and seek fear above comfort, until we can become better and more evolved people and stronger. Even if it is scary, it is not so bad in the end.

Edited by nikko9000

Just saw my lovely psychologist, it is so nice to have someone coming once a week to talk to and to help. We talked about my nail thing and got me to peel off my nail varnish and check when I was in total avoidance mode.

I explained about how I keep stopping breathing in my sleep and waking up gasping, she said that it is sleep apena and when I am ready to see a doctor I should mention it but could be stress related.

I was dreading seeing a psychologist because I thought I would be pushed but she doesn'tt push at all, just tiny nudges that make sense.