I used to bruces. When my OCD was bad one of the most distressing aspects was my guilt about things - mostly from the past - some from a long time before which I had not thought about in some months and years.

As my OCD improved so did my problems with guilt.

My OCD is virtually gone - I know how lucky I am - I can think of these things now and don't feel any guilt or distress - nothing has changed - I have still done the things I felt guilt over - nothing is different except my thoughts towards it.

I really hope one day your OCD will be less - medication was what really set me off on the road to recovery - but I also had a lot of talking therapy.

I think you need to follow up any avenue open to you - you never know what it will be that will be the thing to help.

Take care

whitebeam

Hi bruces. It's not exactly a secret that a large part of my OCD results in guilt. This is usually about my emotions towards other people, or all beings of life, really. It kind of overlaps with the fact that I often find people to be irritating. The other thing that causes guilt is my fear that I don't really love God, or that I'll turn away from him in the future. I feel guilty about the fact that it could possibly happen, only it hasn't, so my guilt is redundant. I don't know what happened between you and your father, but is it possible that your guilt is unnecessary as well?

No that's true, you can't change what's happened......but you can make changes in the here and now, don't live in the past Bruce.

What sort of things did you do that were fun?

Bruces I don't think you're lazy at all you aren't well especially mentally& most likely physically,Depression makes you not care not you as the individual.Trust me I understand how it feels& yes the guilt also,no we can't change the past also& as well with me so often the past has distressed me& it still can get very bad.I think you have to keep trying to say or try to say when you have a thought about the past that makes you feel bad you say to yourself I've been very unwell none of this is by choice otherwise just like anyone else I would've been living a healthy fun life.

Try to also say when you get a nice memory say I do miss that ok I treasure that but I'm going to get those again I deserve it &i'll get them even though it's so hard to see right now :original: .

Hey there bruces have you seen your Dr about something about your anxiety? I think you should look into Seroquel it's great not only for Anxiety nut for depression& stabilizing your mood :original: .

Guest Paul92

Hi bruces,

Not sure of your situation, but I feel as though I am in the same predicament as you. Guilt is destroying me. I did something terrible, on impulse, and I feel that it will stay with me forever.

I have terrible anxiety, same as you. I can't bring myself to do anything, because I think what's the point? I feel I have ruined my life. I can't even bring myself to eat anything.

You're not alone. Please seek the appropriate help. I'm sure things can be fixed for you.

Bruces i totally understand what it's like with guilt,guilt is very common in depression&OCD surely I know how that is.My bedroom at home is not in a real good state I've always felt so bad about this,I know it's not my intention to have it like this& it has been because of the OCD,Depression& anxiety I can see that but still so often I've had so much guilt also& felt so low from it even thinking am I lazy?.But the reality is just like you lazyness doesn'tcome into it when you're so depressed& really also struggling with OCD&Anxiety as well.

I knowit's very difficult to get over the guilt especially when you're feeling so rotten,the valium can gelp I know with anxiety but I thinkyou need something else maybe like seroquel& different meds you've never tried or something you have tried but combined with something else.

Hi ace I'm not currently seeing one just the CPN

Hey bruces I think my friend you'll really benefit or certainly can in seeing a Psychiatrist :original: .I know it may be hard to open up to them but if you tell them everything,all the meds you've tried,how you're feeling&how you've been feeling they can certainly help you or try at least :original: .