Constant crying?

Guest jayjay89

Guest jayjay89

Hey all

Having a new problem and it's making my sh*tty life even sh*ttier than usual - it's so frustrating and annoying that I am actually thinking if it doesn't stop by tomorrow that I am going to against all the work I have done and just start all my old compulsions again to try and stop this ridiculous constant crying.

It's been going on for a couple of weeks, but it wasn't constant - I would just randomly start sobbing for no reason. Then Yesterday afternoon it started and I couldn't stop. Like, honestly, I cried from like 5.30pm until well after 9pm when I finally fell asleep. Then I woke up this morning and before I even got out of bed I was crying.

So I couldn't go to work today, I don't think I stopped crying for more than 10 -15 minutes, except I made an appointment with my old therapist and then with my dr to see if they knew what was going on.

My old therapist was like "crying is good" blah blah - and I agree with him, there is nothing wrong with crying. However there is something wrong with crying constantly for no reason. He had a bit of a try explaining to me that it's better than the apathy I usually feel and that maybe it's a sign I can start to get over my earlier traumas etc etc.

But that doesn't help me because I have given up on therapy and on getting over this stuff. I just want to stop crying.

When I saw the dr, he was like - you are crying because you are upset, I cant do anything to stop that. I'm not upset! I am not thinking about anything upsetting. It's like my eyes are just leaking and I cant stop them.

Anyway. If I wake up tomorrow and can't stop this crying then I am going to have a go at trying my compulsions again and see if that helps. God help me if they do work haha.

Has anyone done this? Any advice? When I can't go to work my suicide risk shoots up and I can't sit at home tomorrow crying all day.

Thanks

Jay

Guest sophie13

I don't know why you cry all the time but I am here to offer you moral support just by reading the post:-) Maybe you are just taking out your frustration... When I manage to cry, most of my tension goes away... I hope you'll feel better soon...

Guest lizinlondon

When that happened to me I had a mild depression. It is a bit scary at the time, especially if you can't stop. Sometimes it also happens if someone hurts me, but that isn't the case here. Maybe you feel a bit down and lost. Good idea to contact you doctor and therapist. Talking will help release the emotions x

Guest Annabel

I think it's an effect of your depression Jayjay, I know that doesn't help but I think it explains it.

Are you able to do anything social/ see family or friends or anyone or to go to a support group? It might be good to get away from your home - if you don't wake up crying tomorrow then maybe being at work will help a bit. Maybe it'd be worth keeping a diary/journal when you're crying or trying to see whether or not you are able to watch a film at that time.

Thinking of you

Guest jayjay89

My therapist and dr were useless! Il have to quit my job if this doesn't stop soon. No way am Ieavingthe house like this.

I'm so annoyed my dr didn't even try and help me, I might have to buy some benzos and see f they help

Guest jayjay89

I only have 1 sick day and I'm on a probationary period so they don't have to have a reason to fire me :( if I take another day they will think I am a problem

My therapist and dr were useless!

jayjay,

If your therapist and dr were useless, why not consider a different therapist and different dr? I seem to recall your saying that you had made progress with the OCD but then depression became a problem. If your current/last therapist could not help you with depression, then perhaps it's time to move on. I have seen many therapists over the years, many of which have been a waste of space. But, there are a few that have helped me on my journey. And there are some good self-help books.

Anon

Guest OCDQueen

Hi jay

I'd say you are probably going through depression as well as OCD. It can be very emotional especially if you are worrying a lot or feeling frustrated with yourself.

I hope you feel better soon, try to get up and do things to keep your mind busy x

Guest jayjay89

It just won't go away, I'm flat out at work and on more sedatives than someone in a medically induced coma and the tears are still coming from somewhere!

Hey anon, I've tried different drs and therapists, I'm actually out of alternatives. Unless I move, which is not really on the cards

Guest OCDQueen

And nothing else? I mean, I was taking a contraceptive pill which was changed last month, after 4 days taking it I was an emotional wreck and came off all pills completely, now I feel so much better than I have all year!

If not, then it will probably just be that you are exhausted and emotional from trying to deal with this... Take some time to relax even if it's just half hour a day. Take a walk, get a bath, listen to your favourite music... Whatever it is that will relax you.

Guest sophie13

What kind of bensos do you take? I used to cry a lot years ago when I was depressed. I think you are in a vicious circle here: feeling depressed + fearing to lose your job=more depression.

Guest nervous

Hi Jay, sorry to hear how you are doing, I wish you could get a break from this. I think it might be a good idea to try a different anti-depressant. It can be very difficult to find a doctor and a therapist that is worthwhile but the right combination is out out there.

Hey Jay,

Will PM u with more personal details - but when doing extreme exposure's tear's would form. This was under supervision from a very qualfied psych. He confirmed it was normal and not crying it was a natural reation to extreme anxiety. I also shake violently when doing these exposures,

Hope ur ok.

Hey there JJ How are you feeling today hun? When i saw your thread title immediately I thought it seems like your depression is quite severe& you should be starting on a new anti depressant asap I think.I think it's a good idea that you're coming of your current medication(s) especially if they aren't helping hun.But very importantly I think for sure you should be started on something new and be supported as ever,if you need any support I'm always here for you.I totally understand where you're coming from I know when I wa so severely depressed I wouldn't stop crying and there was also other perios of course when I was so down I wouldn't even cry.

But yeah for sure well it seems clearly a case of your depression to me being so severe.I would say if your Dr isn't being of much benefit can you possibly see someone else? :original: .

Guest jayjay89

Thanks but I can't see someone else and now I have tried all the antidepressants and therapy hasn't helped so it's just time to acknowledge that I am completely screwed and no one can help me!

Guest jayjay89

Thanks OCDqueen, but I don't take any other meds, except some vitamins, I used to be on the pill years ago. But there wasn't really any point once I stopped being able to touch people lol :)

Hey there JJ how are you doing today hun? I'm sure there is a medor a combination of meds that can&certainly will help you hun.I know also after many years of pretty much being on every med out there&having every treatment you name it I got onto a combination of meds which have seemedto really help.I'm sure you have been on many meds,have you been on any combination of meds either meds you have been on in the past but not together or amed you have been on&it being combined with something you haven'ttried yet?.I know how tough it is but I'm 100% sure there is something out there that will help you I know it hun.

I think with Therapy it certainly is helpful&can be beneficial but at the same time if you're very depresed∨ your OCD,Anxiety etc etc are pretty bad it is quite difficultf or the Therapy to really work as you clearly wouldn't be in the right state∨ frameof mind.

Guest jayjay89

Hey Ace,

Thanks for asking. I'm struggling as per usual haha but the crying has stopped! So I am feeling a little more upbeat than usual, managed to do a few things that have been on the to do list for quite a while!

The strange thing is, when I am in therapy and seeing a therapist - I hate the sessions! I grumble and groan but I go. And secretly I really like it, it makes me feel like someone can see me. Sometimes it's awful and sometimes it's torturous. But that aspect of being seen helps me keep plugging away for another week.

Now I don't have a therapist I feel insanely invisible. Which is crazy because I have great friends, today for example two of my mates dropped in and hung out for a coffee and just generally cheered me up. They invited me away for the long weekend, they know about my ocd, but they love me. But I don't feel 'seen'.

Does that make sense? Probably not haha.

I can't do any more medication, my dr won't prescribe anything else (except benzos! Haha) and no other dr will accept me as a patient at this stage.

I just feel a bit lost. I'm thinking about goin back to my last therapist, he wants me to go sober though. I could easily stop the booze, I have a couple of beers a week at this stage. But the drugs.... They just make me happy. It's a tough decision :(

Also, on another anxiety provoking front, someone gave this hot guy my number, and now he is texting me. Relationships are beyond impossible and I feel like shooting whoever gave him my number!

Wow what a random whinge. I think that adequately sums up my brain fart today lol