Worried that a lost ring will be unlucky!

Hello! I know this sounds crazy and I also know there is nothing I can do. Just wondered if anybody can make this worry go away... I used to wear a ring. I got it when I first met my boyfriend ten years ago. I have had to take it off for a bit and then it accidentally got thrown out with the rubbish. Long story! Anyway, now I am worried that it might have been a lucky ring and bad things will happen. I know probably this is ocd. Does anybody have similar? Any tips? Thanks guys! X

Guest Shannon

Yup, definitely OCD. I sometimes have similar worries but give myself a shake and carry on. I think most people have lost a ring at some point. Don't get involved with the mental chatter xx

Thanks so much girls! I know it probably is but now I am looking for signs that things are going wrong with my guy because I don't have the ring on anymore! It is so hard not to ignore! Good luck with the ocd fight! Xx

Guest sophie13

Anybody would think the same for a bit than would just let it go :-) I am expert in lucky and unlucky stuff, my OCD was very magical before it started to bother me with something else. Nobody gets left just because they have lost a ring :-))) But this is giving you reassurance and I'm not supposed to.

Yes, I felt exactly the same when my wedding ring came off in a gardening glove and ended up at the local tip (25 years ago). Most of my friends have lost a ring that was special to them at one time in their lives.