35 weeks pregnant anxiety and intrusions soaring

Hi I've got my last cbt appointment tomorrow and my whole intrusive thoughts are I'm gonna go mad and have the baby taken from me because I have weird intrusive thoughts...just want to know if anyone got worse at the end of their pregnancy's and how they got through, it's just not something I can talk about I feel so messed up at the moment have the pregnancy diabetes a terminally ill mother who we arranged her funeral last week behind her back as she is coming to end of life...The father keeps coming and going as he pleases and messing my head up and my thoughts are going mad that I can't cope I can't do it I haven't got ocd um just mental and weird and I feel extremely alone...Please give me some positive feedback from someone with ocd or tools that might have helped them xx

Scorpio, first of all you need to give yourself a bit of a break. You have several major stressors going on in your life and most here agree that stress makes OCD symptoms worse. In addition, you are dealing with a pregnancy and the fluctuations in hormones, which is going to further exacerbate your symptoms.

Try to take care of yourself. Get plenty of sleep, eat right and build in some time every day to relax. Do your best to ignore the intrusive thoughts. Stay away from compulsions, including ruminating. You want to focus on your health and having a new baby.

Thanks for reply

Am doing pretty well with ignoring some thoughts but from the minute I found out I was pregnant the intrusions focused on my baby and I felt unable to speak to anyone but did disclose with a therapist and that's where I worry

I just really want to be left to be relaxed with my baby and be a nice normal mum like my mates are (sort of!) And the father is really nasty to the point I am seeing a domestic abuse counsellor next week as he constantly uses my mental health and ocd as a control thing. This has been the hardest time of my life hand down and if I come out the other side I believe I will be indestructible because everything has been minor compared to this!!

I've been to hell and back with intrusive thoughts...times I didn't know anything about the disorder and secretly lived in a constant state of terror with the most awful guilt provoking thoughts but I learned to realise how life can trigger it to worsen then you have good days and bad days I don't think serial killer for example has a good day and a bad day lol or am pretty sure that isn't how bad people work....I feel sorry for anyone who has to endure these thought mechanisms it can seem impossible to release your self but I see light at the end of the tunnel xx

Scorpio,

Your life events are all coming at once and your ocd will love this. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum and its terrible that you feel no support but in fact other from the father.

I have had similar in past with prolonged death of mother and father attempting suicide and turning to alcohol etc with a one and a half year old and second due 2 months later. What these events do is they trigger your ocd as you know.

What should be a lovely time has been hijacked somewhat. I really feel for you.

Try to recognise the ocd and find some people to learn on. Your pregnant Ffs and you ought to call on friends. Its hard enough without ocd or I'll mother.

Sorry nothing constructive other than its all ocd and distract but perhaps they key to you getting better is support with the life events and in turn the ocd will dissipate.

Take care x

Guest lucylia

Hi again Scorpio.

Yep I totally feel your pain. I had my baby girl

By EMCS 2 weeks ago and they allowed me to have her 12 days early because

Of how bad my mental health was. I was going down hill fast. Real fast. I needed baby out and to be pregnant anymore. What kind of birth are you planning on and what meds are u on just now?

Lucy xxx

Hello

Thanks for replies I am not sure what is happening regarding the birth as I have just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and baby is measuring above the 90th centile I have a growth scan a week Monday and will be 37 exactly so is very out of my control xx