Prescribed Luvox, but afraid to take?

Guest rock123

Guest rock123

I have been diagnosed with OCD, mainly after a severe few months of intrusive thoughts and anxiety. I also had recurring sinus infections at this time and have since been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis which doesn't help. There are weeks that go good and weeks that go bad, I was on zoloft but quit it entirely because of the side effects, mainly the dreams. I am currently on strattera to help me focus, and with racing thoughts i guess, but have since been prescribed luvox. I have taken around 5 ssris, but never luvox. I heard it is one of the best for ocd and obsessive thoughts, but I just am afraid to take it after reading the reports of violence associated with it. Mainly the fact that one of the columbine shooters was taking it. I am prescribed 50mg once a day, and am told it will help, but I just don't want to take it and have the fear of "am i going to lose it" when i already have had problems with intrusive thoughts. Has anyone had any experience with Luvox or been in similar situations? Any answers at all would help.

Hey,

If this drug was going to send you onto a wild killing spree, im pretty sure the doc would not prescribe it :) if you have concerns by all means talk to your gp, but otherwise, i would tak the plunge. It will only be a small dose to start with anyway.