Hi guys you were all brilliant when I started my new job in January with advice (my anxiety was horrendous) however I got over it have been in the job a few months and do still get anxious from time to time of course but I'm enjoying it.

Now... Another job has come up which is similar but in the same city as me the other job requires 40 mins each way travelling and the hours are a lot more sociable no shift work. I also know all the people there and it's something I'm really interested in. In thinking of applying however I don't want a re-run of January the anxiety was just the worst ever. I phoned the new job to enquire and they remembered who I am and want to meet with me on Friday to discuss it further informally, all really good signs but I'm just dreading a repeat of anxiety. I've come to face the facts that in certain life changes/situations I will get anxious like everyone else just a bit more. I don't want this to limit my life and I know I usually always push through these things in the end. Also I've been taking kalms (herbal) and they seem to help so sticking with them. My ibs is also always worse when anxious so I'm going to try taking buscopan/Imodium etc to control it.

Just looking for some advice/words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance! X

Sorry Mrs Brown,

We weren't ignoring on purpose I promise :) We have a very busy forum and I think your original post dropped down and got missed.

Now... Another job has come up which is similar but in the same city as me the other job requires 40 mins each way travelling and the hours are a lot more sociable no shift work. I also know all the people there and it's something I'm really interested in. In thinking of applying however I don't want a re-run of January the anxiety was just the worst ever. I phoned the new job to enquire and they remembered who I am and want to meet with me on Friday to discuss it further informally, all really good signs but I'm just dreading a repeat of anxiety. I've come to face the facts that in certain life changes/situations I will get anxious like everyone else just a bit more. I don't want this to limit my life and I know I usually always push through these things in the end. Also I've been taking kalms (herbal) and they seem to help so sticking with them. My ibs is also always worse when anxious so I'm going to try taking buscopan/Imodium etc to control it.

Just looking for some advice/words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance! X

I think this is similar what I posted someone else earlier, I guess we can't live our life in fear that anxiety may occur. It's always anxiety provoking starting a new job anyway, but the fact you know the people should make it easier for you.

Commuting can be a mixed bag, when I lived in London the commute across the city was uuurghh... but when I lived in the East Midlands I had a 45 minute drive through the countryside which actually was nice, it helped me calm down after a naff day, I would turn the music up and sing my way home.

Sadly, it's a case of you wont know until you try it.

Are you getting any support for your OCD?

Ashley.

Thanks for the feedback ashley. I met with the people and everyone was so happy to see me and wanted me to apply for the job but of course my head has twisted this to thinking "what if you freak out and let them all down" it's so frustrating :( no I tried meds earlier in the year but made me 10000x worse. I've had counselling before but it got too expensive. I know I usually always push past these issues and I am well thought of in my job I just worry that the anxiety will ruin it all, I don't have friends or a relationship etc due to anxiety so can't lose this too :(

I've handed in an application form and now of course my anxious head is on and I'm full of doubts and what ifs! I was the exact same when I started my job I'm in now however 5 months in and I'm much more settled. I might not even get the job but as great as it is I'm terrified. It's much more social hours and closer to where I stay however requires a lot more autonomy therefore pressure. I wish meds worked to keep my anxious head at bay but the last time they made me a million times worse. Guess I'm just looking for a bit of support. I know whatever the outcome I'll push through it just so hard!

Feel for you Mrs Brown, but well done for going for something you want even when you know it will cause you anxiety.

Try to not think too much about it. Do something to distract yourself, especially something that you enjoy, treat yourself in some way and importantly look after yourself :)

Just wanted to add, the feeling of anxiety you're having is predictable since you are trying something that you knew would be stressful but just because you are anxious now doesn't mean it wasn't the right choice or that it won't pass. Just keep pushing :)

Thanks for your reply Gemma, your right it is important to take care of ourselfs and tonight I even went out with a group of friends which I was anxious before hand but pushed myself and really enjoyed it. I know the anxiety will always be there but I know I can push myself and get past it. Thanks again :)