Atheist here. My OCD is literally trying to trick me into becoming Christian.

I don't believe in god, at all, but having had a past in which I believed (or thought I did) my OCD usually gives me very intrusive thoughts to make me go against my beliefs. Last night was horrible, I felt trapped, as if I forgot I don't believe in god and couldn't find reasons not to. I'm specifying that I don't have actual doubts about being an atheist, I think god is a fable. It's just intrusive thoughts. Anyway, I have the constant fear of jot being able to see reason, as if deep down I actually believed and had no reason not to, while in reality that's completely false. Until yesterday when I thought about god I thought "that's a fantasy, it's incompatible with our reality", now I have to struggle before getting to that point, and my first thought is "maybe it's possible", but I can feel it's just my OCD.

Edited by Stefano Musilli

Hi Stefano, you're right, it is just your OCD & so you have to just leave these thoughts be.

I'm going through similar & you can tell yourself that you don't believe for whatever reason you want but at the end of the day, you are just performing a compulsion that ultimately feeds the fuel of your obsession.