If depression is to believe caused by a chemical imbalance an actual psychical symptom,then it's suggested that things like,talking therapy and social interaction etc are advised as treatment then how does it treat that physical symptom? For another physical symptom say for example cancer we have to use physical treatment for example chemo or drugs,I've often wondered this?

Guest nervous

Hi Bruce, I am not sure if the actually know the connection or is it just a theory but it seems to work. The problem is when someone is depressed they don't feel like getting out to get some exercise or some social interacting or whatever else that is suggested and forced to do so it usually just makes them more depressed. At least it does with me. I know for me the more activity I do the less depressed I am but it has to be something purposeful like doing some constructive. Doing some physical labour helps for me. If a friend asked me to come over and help him build a deck, doing so would make me feel better. If the same friend asked me to come over and stand around socializing for an evening I would probably leave the the night feeling worse than I started.

Rewiring of the brain isn't easy bruces but it surely isn't impossible to do either,we see it of course much more easier when we're feeling much better.As we know living with OCD for so long our brains are pretty much used to the same way of thinking&It's a way of us teaching our brains new habits,not simple I know but it takes a long time&practice.As time goes by&you improve day by day we can do this,what seemed impossible or seems right now I understand especially with how you're feeling won't be in the future.I know it's a very exhausting and tough process and not easy at all learning new ways to think&certainly a much more healthier way as well but it can happen&does in time for sure :original: .