Wasted my life

I have had ocd since the age of eight. Im now 46, and still have this evil illness. I have been on and off meds since the age of 22, I have reflected back on my life and have realised that I have spent half of it with this condition, more on than off.

I have every type of Ocd that there is apart form the religious side. I can at times just switch off everything that is ocd and then something/someone might say/ happens etc and bang, back it comes. I guessing the meds are the source of little relief, i have had..

I could tell my complete story again but where would it get me, nowhere, just the reassurance would maybe last a few days and then we start all over again. Its a vicious circle.

I have never has therapy not the correct type anyway and feel now is the time. I have to say that I have wasted so much of my life already. It s just I feel that I don't even deserve to be here and find it hard to be around people who care for me. I feel a Fraud.

I think a lot of people on here & elsewhere with OCD can relate to the feelings of wasted time & of being a fraud.

But don't let it consume you. It's not just people with OCD who get this, look at mid-life crisis's!

Everyone has regrets or feels as though they have wasted time at some point, the real gift is realising this & putting into practice the model for living our lives how we want to!

You've already said that you feel it's time to have therapy, I would say definetly! No time like the present! :original:

Give it a go, give it your best shot & you'll find a whole new outlook on life! :original:

Best of luck!