When to begin again as it never feels right!

Guest Nikki79

Guest Nikki79

Just wondering when is a good time to start practicing not engaging in my compulsions. I am troubled by a worry at the moment and it wont go away. I cant easily let it go and then i know to ultimately recover no matter i have to let it all go. How does one be courageous really?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nikki79

Hey friend all i can manage is to ignore but still doubtful and scared so much! I dream of waking up with no worry or fear! I dunno how to accept this disorder but im constantly nervous leaving these thoughts and worries go

Yup it's very difficult to begin with.

I almost fell into a trap this morning because I got a bit drunk last night and forgot a few hours. Oh and I think I tried to kiss an ex-girlfriend lol.

A year ago this would have set the tone for months of distress trying to figure out whether I had done something out of character or harmed someone.

You can have all the knowledge and logic in the world about OCD but it can still catch you with your guard down if you're not careful.

I just have a particularly scary thought that fills me with terror and ruminating might solve it but i cant or mustnt as it may not and make it worse

The ruminating will just increase your anxiety & definetly make it worse, try finding a distraction.

That's true, stress makes OCD and anxiety in general worse.

But remember, "Just because I feel I am X, doesn't mean I am X."

Edited by PaulM
Guest Nikki79

To make something happen you have to want to make it happen.

Why do you want to get better Nikki?

I want to discover who Nicola is again, smile, feel joy, laugh. I want to make my own life away from the situations, people etc that helped does this to me. I never deserved the suffering ive had and the lack of empathy from important people in my life. I want to move on. I want to be ocd free.

Well Nicola, whenever you're feeling like OCD is getting the better of you I ask you to remind yourself just why you're still fighting toward recovery.

Use that strength to keep up the fight and you'll discover the smiling, joyful Nicola that you've longed to have.

Guest Nikki79

Well Nicola, whenever you're feeling like OCD is getting the better of you I ask you to remind yourself just why you're still fighting toward recovery.

Use that strength to keep up the fight and you'll discover the smiling, joyful Nicola that you've longed to have.

I get these depressive thoughts about the child i had thoughts about. Im worried there are so many that there is something to them. I feel guilty and there must be a reason. Its horrible and whats worse is i cant even explain it

Guest Nikki79

Ok Caramoole but im being hounded by the feeling of unease with the thoughts and feelings i have and had about this particular girl. I feel negligent for ignoring it. Do you see

Do you see

I see that you're slipping into ruminating and not calling on all that we've talked about.

im being hounded by the feeling of unease with the thoughts and feelings i have and had about this particular girl

We've talked about how this is going to happen, that it's something you have to expect, haven't we? As for the girl....you don't need to explain anything about her, it's unimportant, the details are unimportant.

So.....be aware of what's creeping in here and try to do something at this stage. Resist the urge that's plugging away at you. These are the points where you can try to make gains