When you suddenly realise

that time has stood still...I just went and visited a music forum I was on constantly before I got my computer phobia...the band I used to be in the thread of the whole time, there thread used to be at the top all the time but now, I had to search for it to find it and one of the member has just got married, he was, I couldn't believe it and the forum had changed completely and then I realised, it had been four years since I was last there, all the bands have broke up or been forgotten....I couldn't believe it, gone, forgotten, married...married...I realised that the world has been moving without me...it felt like growing old and returning to the place where you were born to find it gone....I just couldn't believe it...I didn't have anywhere to post this, so I vented here, likely wont get an answer but does anyone know what I mean?

Guest Orwell1984

Yes had this when I moved country and when I came back everyone had moved on, gotten married, moved house, pets dead, new friends, new stages of careers. And I was starting from scratch. Horrifying feeling like you've been in a time machine or something. Guess you just have to accept the rotten feelings and concentrate on your life and making it better.

It was awful, I felt like, like Rip Van Winkle....I couldn't believe it

Just wait until you get to my age and then you'll find how fast time flies :crybaby:

You've got a chance to rebuild yours Phili.......sieze it and steadily start building before another four years zip by :)