I apologise if my recent responses to threads have been a little blunt...

I'm just not doing so well myself at the moment (no excuse I know).

I'm feeling depressed, numb even. I met someone last week who I've been spending time with and I just couldn't relate to her at all. She was stuck on her phone mid conversation constantly texting people and going on about how she's such a 'catch' and I'm lucky to be in her company.

We were talking about mental illness and I told her about OCD and what it can make people feel like and the thoughts that they can have. Her response was 'That's not OCD that's just being psychopathic'. After a brief period of silence she said 'I can't see this going anywhere, you're a nice guy etc'. I told her to cut the **** and got out of the car and walked off, at least I retained some dignity I guess.

Rant over, maybe some day I'll find someone who isn't as shallow as a puddle in the middle of July.

Josh

You did exactly the right thing.

She was never ever going to be the right person for you, at least that has been quickly established - and in the long term you will be grateful for that.

Phones take messages which can be picked up later, and enlightened people use them that way when in the company of others.

Those of us with mental angsts benefit when our significant others show especial interest and care in us.

There will be others, don't let this hurt your self-confidence.

Guest HeadAboveWater

Really, you should count yourself lucky. She seems to be very ignorant.

There will always be people in the world who just won't fit with you and who won't understand you. It's better to let those people go on their way and keep being true to yourself. Eventually, you'll cross paths with a gem. :)

I know it can be difficult and depressing when you not only deal with a problem like OCD but also struggle to find a person who you can share your entire self with. It's okay to be upset about that but don't give up hope. You'll feel better soon - the tides are always changing.

Edited by HeadAboveWater

Hope your ok josh. I only met my partner 3 years ago and im 32. Sure I met people before that but they weren't right for me at all. He took me on with 2 small children. Sadly my awful experience with all this only started a year into our relationship :( My point is their is definitely someone for everyone out there. You seem like a really decent guy x

Guest jayjay89

Sounds like you dodged a bullet! Better to find out she is wrong for you sooner than later!

Still, I know it hurts and it sucks. Try not to let it keep you down - I hate clichés, but there are more fish in the sea :)