OCD & Brintellix?

Guest ZenMaster

Guest ZenMaster

Hello,

I'm curious what people's response has been taking Brintellix for OCD...

To give a little background, I had my first panic attack when I was 18. In the past 14 years (I'm now 32), I've experienced the full spectrum of anxiety, panic, and most recently, OCD. My OCD often takes the form of an intense sensation that I'm able to say the N-word. While this has never actually happened, my mind is in constant catastrophizing mode.

I've been seeing CBT therapist for the past few months. My psychiatrist recently suggested that I begin taking 5 milligrams of Brintellix a day. I am currently not taking medication on a daily basis. When my anxiety/OCD spikes to really high levels, I take small doses of Klonopin - which is consistently very effective.

Any suggestions/advice/insight would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

ZenMaster

I've never even heard of it. I don't think anyone has ever mentioned it in the forum in the past year and a half. I'm wary of things I haven't heard of.

Have you thought of trying one of the ssri's commonly prescribed fir anxiety and OCD?

Brintellix is a new antidepressant with the chemical name vortioxetine. Even though there's a big need for SSRIs that work faster and have fewer side effects, Brintellix hasn't taken off commercially so far. That doesn't mean it won't work for your depression and possibly even OCD, ZenMaster, but it is certainly not well known as a drug.

Here's an article with more details.