My pure of Ocd is paralyzing me with fear!

Guest apsarah

Guest apsarah

So for a year or so I had pure o Ocd on philosophies and how I would maybe act on them... Now that I'm obsession is gone now my obsession is about figuring out whether I really have pure of Ocd how in the hell do you stop this? My mind is forever plagued with doubts does that mean I will keep having these symptoms? It's coming in the way of school majorly I have two exams and I haven't even studied

HI Sarah and welcome to the forum.

Im sorry you are suffering so much, especially with exams coming up. Can I ask if you have been diagnosed with OCD and are you having any sort of treatment? The answer to how you stop it, is either treatment, CBT being recommended, or some people find self help books very useful, have you tried any?

My son has Pure OCD and I know how debilitating it can be. Are you managing any studying?

Carol

Guest apsarah

Hi carol,

Thanks for replying no my exams went horribly... Your son is so lucky he can talk to you I know for a fact my parents won't understand.. Any books you can recommend? Thanks

Im sorry about your exams. Here is a link to the shop http://www.ocdshop.com/index.php?cPath=1&osCsid=ed6e2f0d1f47a764d03e0e2d4ae4cc31 Know doubt you would need to purchase them from a local source, but it will give you an idea.

The guides are free to download on the main OCD-UK website. A young person's guide and also a parent's guide amongst others. Im sure your parents realise something is wrong, even if they dont know what the problem is. Perhaps you could try printing off one of the guides and leaving it around. Perhaps that would start a conversation about it?