Can OCD do this?

Guest OCDsufferer9

Guest OCDsufferer9

Can OCD make you feel like you do want the things you're most afraid of? I suffer from OCD and laely I've been getting this feeling that I do want to be with kids, that I like it.

Guest LauraMac

You haven't "lately" been getting this feeling ocdsuffer, you've had this for a long long time. This question has been asked so many times. As I've said many times (and you never reply because you don't want to hear it) you have to make a choice. You either tackle OCD or you let it take over like you currently are. Currently in doing what you're doing, you are making the call that you'll let it do what it wants. I don't mean to be harsh in saying this, just being honest. This is the reality of it. Doing every compulsion it tells you to do (like posting on here) is negative for your OCD. As I've said a million times, I think you should take a break from the forum, it's a negative thing for you because you just use to ask for reassurance. To get better you have to take steps to do so. It doesn't just happen. It's a real pity to see this constant asking for reassurance, I'd love to see a success post from you sometime, where you've resisted asking for reassurance. Maybe something to work towards. I wish I could convince you that it's ocd (so does everyone else) but we can't. You will never believe anyone else's judgement on it. Unfortunately you have to make the call. It's your life. You know you best.

Guest OCDsufferer9

For instance, I saw a child a few days ago and literally felt like I was attracted to him. Now, I feel as if I like the inappropriate thoughts and not only that, I feel that deep down I know I'm attracted to children.

Guest LauraMac

For instance, I saw a child a few days ago and literally felt like I was attracted to him. Now, I feel as if I like the inappropriate thoughts and not only that, I feel that deep down I know I'm attracted to children.

Read the comment I made above yours.

OCD9, you're going to get nothing out of this forum if you ignore the advice given to you. Under those circumstances the forum is doing you no good and may well be hindering your recovery.

Time to make up your mind if you're willing to change or stay where you are. If the latter, we can't help you.