Does OCD trick you into feeling that you want what you abhorr the most?

Guest ergosum

Guest ergosum

as in title,

It happens a lot, it's driving me insane lately, and I feel disconnected from myself, does any one relate? Pure O makes you feel like you want those horrible things, nastry things that you fear the most?

Guest ergosum

thnx dear. it's very exhausting emotionaly and neurotically. I wonder why it's gotten so strong and persistant lately.

Edited by ergosum
Guest ergosum

well today I had the most horrible dream, the dream is about all that I abhorr happening, could it be OCD? it's making me so sick. same way as the intrusive thought - feelings- the OCD makes, but in motion.

Guest OCDsufferer9

This question just makes me feel happy. I suffer from POCD and lately I've been getting these feelings like I want these things and they feel so real. You're not alone/.

I feel like I have these thoughts nearly all day long..? I distract myself immediately but it's pretty constant, although there are short periods where I'm sure I forget the OCD. I just read somewhere else that somebody only has their harm ocd anxiety three times a year, which made me feel like I'm worse than everybody else. Is it normal to be constantly a bit anxious?

Guest OCDsufferer9

I feel like I have these thoughts nearly all day long..? I distract myself immediately but it's pretty constant, although there are short periods where I'm sure I forget the OCD. I just read somewhere else that somebody only has their harm ocd anxiety three times a year, which made me feel like I'm worse than everybody else. Is it normal to be constantly a bit anxious?

Unfortunately, yes.

Definately

Guest ergosum

yes, I am on an anxiety attack/episode most of the time, my OCD, or the anxiety it causes, makes me feel very threatened, or falling apart, on the verge of collapsing morally, right now, I think I'm dizzy because of the anxiety, or I don't know why. but the whole day I've been ruminating and obsessing over the dream.

Guest dange777

Yes it does. My OCD makes me want to hurt my self in really bad ways, such as to make my self break my fingers, which I OBVIOUSLY don't want to do, but my obsessions come in the forms of urges, where its almost like my head is saying 'go on, do it, you know you're going to do it, just do it'. Like ergosum says, it's exhausting and also terrifying. I have to take myself away from the situation when I have a really bad turn, but I try and face it with a lesser urge, as thats the best thing to do to fight the illness.