I like to think that over the years, I have gained a lot of insight with regards to OCD...I know what I am supposed to do to make me feel better and what will make the OCD worse.

Yet, when I'm having a bad day (like today), I do exactly what I'm not supposed to do and just sit there and engage with my thoughts.

My head hurts, my legs are wobbly, I just want the meds to kick in.

Guest montreal1982

Same here.when ur calm u can see wat hr supposed to do,but than it grabs h again and ur paralyzed and dont see the same when u were calm

Its 2 different people

Guest legend

Yes. Sometimes I don't do anything but sit with my thoughts. I know that it helps to desensitize oneself but I can't stand the anxiety it produces.

yep the common part of ocd , it makes you want to carry out compulsions which are a temporary measure , but what

you have to work at , with cbt , is that you work at small goals and allow the anxiety and doubt to be there and desensitise

yourself.

what "meds" do you take when you are in that situation ?

Guest fiatver

OCDCanuck,

Yes. Sometimes I don't do anything but sit with my thoughts. I know that it helps to desensitize oneself but I can't stand the anxiety it produces.

Obviously you seem to be sure of what you want and how to get there. Has it worked so far?