(Trigger)Please Read I think I might have BDD

Guest coll10

Hello all :)

lets get right to the deep end straight of, I have been diagnose with Dyspraxia (Type of learning disability, similar to the other dys) I've always felt mentaly ill (I feel as though I might have OCD as well, and I often sink into depression)

From being a young girl (I rember thinking I was fat and being very worried about it from seven) i have always be concerned over my weight and looks, this has cause massive of angst for me.I think I'm fat and will (mostly on my belly, face,arms) constantly think about it, It always feel like its the next thought.

when I was a teenager (I'm now twenty two) i have actrully self harm on my belly because of hating it so much and wanting it to just disapear. I still feel the same way now, I have never felt content about my looks aswell and will contastly check mirrors and will always bring makeup with me and if my makeup fade i start to feel that same disgust feeling towards myself, With my looks it changes but it's usually about my eyebrows,above my lip, fore head (massive one)ear and now i hate my hair.

i'm 10stone3lbs 5ft6ins and i want to loose weight and i have spent many hours thinking about it threw the day and putting things in place for this, I have fluctuated with weight from being 8stone to 11stone, I feel massive and I often think my belly so big that I must be pregant (Ive even taken pregancy test)

There is more but I dont really want to bore you all as I feel I could write a book about this :p

Please Just help or just answer (sorry about it being all over the place and with spelling and grammar)

Hi Coll.Honestly,you won't bore us if you want to give any more details.Feel free to write your book.I would love to read it.I wouldn't be at all surprised if you do have BDD as I recognise the bits you mention.The part about it always being your next thought rings true with me too.Have you sought any help with it so far?