SSRI sexual dysfunction in males

Guest SamMalone

Guest SamMalone

Has anyone found a way to reverse SSRI sexual dysfunction, this is a big problem for me and has been all of my sex life!

Sam

Guest MFortunato

i feel you dude. I also take buspirone for anxiety because im a drug adict and cant have benzos. People claim it lessenes the sexual dysfunction problem. Iv noticed a slight change but still not how it was before and with ocd we get the high dose ssri so its even worse. All you can do is find a partner that understands the issue and is patient. It does suck tho.

Guest davidac

Can't offer any help I'm afraid, but can certainly empathise with you!

My outlook is that if the SSRI gets me back to living my life happy again, then it's a sacrifice (albeit a tough one!) worth taking.

Guest davidac

I agree, it does take away that being a man feeling. Look on it as a blip, focus on managing the OCD to a point that you can come off meds and get back to living your life fully. That's what I did and it was a great for a few years until my current relapse, but we can all recover again :)

It sucks. I'm on Fluvoxamine (Luvox). I can be at 50mg and still feel depressed/obsessive but able to perform. Or I can be at 100mg which is enough to make my OCD and depression okay, but also means that it takes ages to reach "an ending". I've been on fluvoxamine for ages and I was thinking of swapping to Prozac in case it affects me less in this department. I'm with a new woman and we may soon reach the point of being intimate. I want to be mentally functional but also to be able to enjoy sex.

Is Prozac any better?