Hi there!

Guest Finding my smile

Guest Finding my smile

Just thought I'd pop on and introduce myself. My name is Ali and I'm a married mum of 2 with assorted pets! I've suffered from OCD for a long time and it manifests itself mainly in hand washing, phobias over illness, checking things ..... numerous stuff really and it really wears me down. I also suffer from anxiety and depression and am on anti-depressants. Oh, and I self harm too though am trying so hard not to.

I've had a few lots of CBT - the first was for 6 weeks and introduced me to the idea of ERP (is that right?) for my OCD, the second was for another 6 weeks though I had to fight like a banshee to get it; that was meant to be on OCD but ended up being about my self harming and I am waiting now for an appointment to come through of Level 2 ERP CBT for 12 weeks to really try to get to this OCD business. I find it debilitating and there's certain things like shutting in our chickens that I find so very hard to do.

I look forward to sharing my experiences with you and gleaning any useful hints/tips.

Take care :o)