Testimony of parents who have OCD

Guest zglorgy

Guest zglorgy

Hi

it is my second ID here,because i had to change pseudo

I would like to know if anyone here who had a early severe pediatric OCD (and maybe still have OCD) ever had a child... and if this child is free from OCD

or not

i am deadly worrying about my son. Studies give 3.28% to 35% transmission but they mixed early onset (mostly genetic, one third of case) and later onset (with 0% trnasmission) any testimony would be helpul

i have read here 4 or five testimonies.. all have pass their OCD to their offsprings

JL

The jury is still very much out about OCD being passed on, from what I have read there is no conclusive proof it can be passed on genetically or even learned behaviour, but who knows what science will show us in the future. However, there are plenty of people on the forum who have OCD and have perfectly healthy children.

I guess the focus for now is the present and helping your son deal with his OCD. :)

Guest Mrsobsessive

My daughter is showing no signs, she has a happy-go-lucky personality and shrugs off any negativity, She's not fussy about anything, doesn't seek perfection. Maybe it might help if you think back to how you were as a child and compare to your son you might get a better idea? I was nothing like my daughter.. I know it's just a theory but it gives me some comfort x

Guest zglorgy

unfortunatly ernest os like i was.

-obsessive in his desire to please others

-always asking permission to do things.

-not anxious but worried about noises lights things.

but unfortunatly too hé is muche more intelligent than i was ...

and aléas showing signe of... obsessive or... more... beginning of obsessive thoughts

Just to précise .

yesterday à daughter of a friend of mine was driven to hospital. .. for ocd... at 8 y/o.

his Mother is ocd too....

this is depressing