So tired of OCD

I am so tired of this horrible disease. I am fighting and clawing my way through it every single day, I am engaging in treatment, I am taking my meds, but nothing seems to work for the long term... I'll have days or even weeks of feeling "good" and I'll think I'm making progress and then BAM, I have a full-blown relapse... I am in tears and total despair; I can't seem to see an end to this; and more than anything, I feel completely, utterly alone. I have no one to talk to about this; I have a loving and supportive partner but he can never truly understand the agony I go through, and no one else (that's not a clinician) even comes close to knowing how to talk about this stuff; I just don't know what to do... I feel so utterly, horribly alone and messed up, and so unable to tell the difference between rational thought and OCD...

You're not alone. There are millions of people suffering in the U.S. alone from OCD. You've got a whole forum filled with people who know what it's like. To the best of my knowledge, everyone here either is battling OCD or has overcome it. We know.

On the positive side, you appear to have some times when your OCD isn't bothering you as much. That's a really good sign. That means you are making progress so don't think you're still stuck. You're moving forward, which is half the battle.

What you need to do now is work on how you react when the thoughts come back in a barrage. You need to look at them and say, I know you. I know what you are and I'm not going to let you ruin my day. Take a stance against the OCD. Keep putting into practice what you've learned, especially the part about no compulsions.