seroxat?

Guest TOMO

Can some one please tell me something i dont want to take seroxat any more, i have not for 3 moths, is there another drug that can stop the feelings but not knock you for six?

Can some one please tell me something i dont want to take seroxat any more, i have not for 3 moths, is there another drug that can stop the feelings but not knock you for six?

hi

I found a combo of venlafaxine, propanolol and quetiapine - really worked for me with minimal side effects- Went from terrible suffering to being fairly happy and relaxed. :)

Hi Tomo :)

A medication which works for one person won't necessarily work for others as it depends on your physiology etc. It'd be a good idea to make an appointment to see your doc and see what medication they recommend :thumbup: .

/northern star

Edited by Guest

Hi Tomo :)

A medication which works for one person won't necessarily work for others as it depends on your physiology etc. It'd be a good idea to make an appointment to see your doc and see what medication they recommend :thumbup: .

/northern star

You are right - I had to go through a number of med and cbt to help. Tommo - it may be worth going back to doc as their are so many different meds available. If your not happy with one g.p./psychatrist ask for a second opinion.

i dont want to sound crude but why does every anitdeprsstiant drug have to cancel out downstaris. it is a catch 22 i am so scared of passing aids on to anyone eventhough i know deep down i am clean, yet even over the last 4 years when i have my tablets i can not have a sexual relationship with someone i settle down with and can trust. because the tabs are working they actually stop my sex drive :wallbash:

Guest hope125

Hi Tomo

Got to agree with Northern Star everybody reacts differently to meds, only a qualified person can advise you on this. The best advice i can give is for you to go and see your doctor.

You will find something that suits you, sometimes it does take a while but try not to get disheartened and go and talk this through with an expert.

Take Care

Hope

xxxx

Edited by Guest

Hi. Although everyone's different, just wanted to say I've taken Fluoxetine in the past and also Citalopram. Both really helped me; the main difference was with the Fluoxetine I had some side effects for the first few weeks but didn't get any with the Citalopram. The side effects I had with the Fluoxetine were really vivid dreams and a very dry mouth! But they only lasted a couple of weeks.

Hope you find something that works well for you. :)

Guest Pootle

Hiya Tommo- i think i am right in saying that seroxat is known to suppress sex drive. The beauty of living in 2005 with this rubbish is that there are SO many drugs on offer. One WILL suit you mate uit we are all different as NS says. What suits me may not suit you and vice versa. For the record, I am on escitalopram- swapping over to citalopram again and these have been good in terms of side effects. I struggled with Seroxat big time.

What I will add though is that you MUST consult your Dr when coming off any meds - but ESPECIALLY seroxat as it really needs to be a careful, slow and supervised withdrawal. Cannot emphasize that enough.

Go to your GP and be honest abfout the sex thang- I promise he will have heard it all before!

Good luck with it :thumbup: