Treating ocd right?

Guest Gloria123

Guest Gloria123

Hi,

at my internship there was this good looking boy (teenager, maybe 17 years old), he was really good looking and I was afraid that I was sexual attracted or thought "too much" that he is good looking etc.

When having sex with myself the last time I got intrusive thoughts about this boy, saw his face with my inner eyes and wanted to get rid off the thoughts....it wasn´t really successful and I wanted to quit but then I thought "no, then ocd would win, I have to confront myself" and went on, but was a little "calmer" in my mind so that there weren´t a lot intrusive thoughts afterwards (the less inner force there is, the less the intrusive thoughts come up)...

My false memory also came up a few times but I can think a little more rational about it although there were a few doubts if it really happened or not.

I occupy a lot with buddhism, meditation, relaxing etc. and also read a few buddhism books about relationships etc. which gave me a little propulsion I guess.

My relationship still is broken and I don´t know how it will go on. I think that the forwards and backwards aren´t that good for my ocd but I do the best of this situation...

Edited by Gloria123
Guest Gloria123

I don´t know if he was 17, maybe 15 or 16, I don´t know....sometimes I don´t know if I am sexually attracted/ think they are pretty but don´t want to confess to it or if it´s a "normal" attraction but am hypersensitive because of ocd

It doesn't matter either way. You can't help what your body finds attractive. A child is generally someone under the age of 12. Who cares if you got aroused to a 15/16 year old? It's not like you are going out and seducing them. Don't analyse just accept the thought is there and live with the uncertainty.

You don't need to label it as OCD or not OCD. That won't help. Don't reassure yourself or it will come up with more questions and the fear will return stronger. Let the thoughts be there, agree with them even, and let them lose their power.