Good Morning :-) Support Needed - please :))

Guest imalright

Guest imalright

Hi All

I'm still getting through all this exposure and fairly new to OCD recovery!

I have reached a hurdle and was wondering if anyone could support.

I gave up smoking a while ago as didn't think it was helping mental health. That was a massive deal as I used to really enjoy it.

I am still not smoking and use an e-cigarette device.

I have contamination OCD and it's all around a fear that I will consume illegal drugs.

This morning...whilst watching the news....the image of drugs appeared on the screen. OCD then went off the scale and is telling me to throw every e-cigarette cartrdige I have because it could've somehow contaminate them.

Please....don't get me wrong - I know how absurd and ridiculous this sounds hahaha! But I can't get past it - and i'm fighting with the urge to throw them away :-(

Any advice would be great! Thank you :)xxz

Guest imalright

Thank you, thank you.

I have survived! :)))

The words helped a great deal - I have not given in. It was stressful for a couple hours but then slowly started to get over it!

Also - went out on lunch break and walked by someone who was smoking drugs....absolutely cr*pped myself and ran back to the office. I was so terrified thinking I'd consumed it somehow as a result of that and had to go into a meeting I was leading in full flight or fight mode haha!

Well - as I say - I survived.

......imagine if my theory was correct? The possibilities (brad pitt appears on the tele and is able to somehow magically appear) :-)))))

Thank you for supporting me - holding out because I know it's gonna get easier! Xxxx