Recently I've been having really good days where I will have a good talk with myself and decide that I'm going to try really hard and won't let my life carry on in this way.

I will feel great for that entire day (almost europhic), I won't ruminate, I will let the uncertainty and intrusive thoughts sit and I won't avoid things.

However, by the next day I'm a mess and almost worse than before. Then I get really disappointed in myself and become discouraged. This has been happening a lot lately. It's very emotionally destabilising and it's hard to keep working at it to think that it can come all crashing down again.

My therapist has always said 'remember you haven't lost all your progress, you've been through this before and you'll get through it again'.

Anyone else get this a lot?

I think that's fairly common. The road to recovery is rocky, bumpy and full of twists and turns. You're going to have good days and you're going to have not so good days. I think the trick is not to beat yourself up over the bad days. Take the bad days as they come, chock them up to experience and move on to another day.