A little success and it's always overshadowed

Guest stuckinmyhead

Guest stuckinmyhead

So I made the promise to myself that I would put my all into stopping rumination. I've suffered from false memory ocd in the past so I have tried to take the leap of faith and believe these thoughts, although feeling so real, are ocd too.

I've had some intrusions today about a different obsession but had none today about the ones that had been haunting me day in day out. What im getting at - normally your intrusions increase when you stop compulsions but this hasn't happen, I know it's only been one day. I'm worrying that these memories are not ocd because the intrusions haven't come back more when I've stopped doing compulsions. Please help x

Guest stuckinmyhead

Butterfly I was going to message you I read your responses on "innocent people don't confess" and something just clicked for me and I thought that's enough now I need to take the leap of faith even though I'm still struggling to believe its false. So thank u so much for your wise words!

Aw you're welcome :-) making that decision to take the leap of faith is scary but keep going. It was a bit of a bumpy ride for me at the beginning but stay with it and you can come out the other side of it. I'm going through a bit of a blip at the moment, just feeling a bit more anxious than usual but I know that ocd is a sneaky beast and it hasn't liked being controlled. Its not a failure, just a little blip that I have to deal with. It fought me every step of the way and I remember worrying like you when I thought the anxiety had started to subside a bit. But I carried on and gradually, I felt less anxious about the whole false memory. It takes a while but you'll get there. Taking the leap of faith is an important step, so well done xxx