I'm feeling confused alot about Bdd as I struggle to go to many places and even look at alot of things due to the bdd I have a question or two.If a person is severely uncomfortable with going somemewhere or looking at something due to the Bdd do you encourage them to go or not in case they have an attack or so.

I struggle badly with many places and it impacts me severely and things like facebook,evn TV magazines etc really get to me badly.So I've been trying to avoid alot of these things it hasn't been easy because the obsession of wanting to do it.They do cause an amazing amount of stress and it's like it's having an affect like wanting you to live your life stuck in your house.

Guest cornelius

Hi Ace - from my understanding of BDD, anything that reinforces the issues will make your BDD worse. So in this case, both avoiding AND forcing yourself to look at the things that create problems will make the BDD worse. I know this sounds strange, since there seems to be no way to overcome the issues, but there are methods that you can use to remove the importance of either avoiding or checking.

Can you explain your specific problems in a little more detail?

Thanks very much for your replies Chris&Cornelius,what you say I think is spot on.It's like a catch 22 sort of thing avoid the things have comfort but not facing the fears,face them really find it so hard etc but having a go.I'm pretty torn in two really,I do understand the thoughts what they do and the rest.

The problem is that these days places like the City,beaches,shopping centres/malls,sporting events,club/pubs,airports,pretty much anywhere with large crowds and young people are a problem.The fact is that it has spread into virtually anything magazines,TV,newspapers etc.It's basically seeing people with nice feautures like noses,eyes,teeth,bodies that get to me.Even my height is starting to be a problem now as I'm quite short and I don't know if it's Bdd related.

The thing is nothing seems to work at all when I'm in these difficult situations,it's not really a problem I guess if you're not feeling so bad it's when you're depressed which is the majority of the time.