Just totally defied a long-standing OCD prohibition!

Guest honey

I have just totally broken one of my OCD brain's longstanding prohibitions. I just told a colleague something which my OCD told me I could NEVER share...and now I am really scared that I will be punished by the universe etc etc. But I am ploughing on, telling myself to ignore the fear, lettting my anxiety levels mount and living with it.

For those of you who are concerned with hygiene, it's as if I had just had a bath in the toilet! :lol:

It's the pure-O equivalent! The weird thing is that I KNOW I can carry on. And that if I do, nothing will happen. I ONLY JUST know this!

Wish me luck....

honey

Honey you have done the right thing. the OCD told you not to tell this thing, or you would be punished. You've defied it, now it's telling you the retribution will come........

But it won't will it., because its OCD . It always tells us we are bad people, we should feel guilty etc.

But as many of us have commented on this forum,. OCD sufferers tend to be very caring conscientious people, with wonderful characters - that's why these intrusions we find so upsetting and offensive.

But you are a star, because you took a stand against it. Yes, a STAR.

There is no need to feel guilt, and you are not a bad person, you are a caring, sharing human being - who just happens to have an illness called OCD.

Oh thankyou Northern Star, I am blushing!

People like you inspire me to keep trying.

And just to inspire anyone who might be wondering if exposure is worth it, I TOTALLY exposed myself to my fears yesterday and....lo and behold....today my anxiety is much lower. It really did work.

Go for it everyone...

honey