Finally After 14 years slowly coming off seroxat

Guest Gryphon

Guest Gryphon

Hi All,

Well some of you may or may no know me, but i have suffered from pure O for some cough cough splutter, well a long long time.

anyway to cut a long story very short, i have had CBT twice now in 2 years and the 2nd time it has worked really well. So well in fact that although i have intrusive thoughts i understand mre about my illness and simply just let the thoughts be there.

now don't get me wrong sometimes the thoughts and visualizations are quite intense, and scary but now i understand the patterns and that they have no meaning of who i am as a person,

I am doing so well, i have over the last 6 months on my doctors advice, and i must stress only my doctors advice. that i have reduced my meds from 30mg per day down to 15mg and now down to 10 mg,s

I have been in some very dark places in my life and have at times not wanted to continue. but well i survived and i am here now.

please if you are reading this, never give up, your not alone and although i am not cured by any means, i am alot better than i ever have been

Ocd is a Fight but trust me you can WIN

please if you are reading this, never give up, your not alone and although i am not cured by any means, i am alot better than i ever have been

Hi Gryphon....That's so good to hear. I'm so pleased you're doing so much better. Long may it continue and that you continue to improve.

Well Done

Caramoole :hug:

Guest Gryphon

Thanks Kitty Kay,Compulsive Bear, Caramoole

Its a hard road OCD and one thing i have learnt, is that no mater how hard you think things are at the time. they soon are distant memories when your doing well.

If someone asked me after 28 years and several hospital stays ( sadly wrongly diagnosed) on what would be the best bit of advice i could give, it would be the following points

1) Never forget your not alone, and that others although very sadly are suffering too, and there is help for you, dont be afraid to ask your not crazy or mad. in fact the total opposite. people with very serious mental illness sadly do not know they are ill.

2) the thoughts the compulsions although scary are not a reflection of you. the simple fact they scare you and make you anxious are testament to that.

3) Now this one i consider to be the most important. hence the Capital Letters, DONT DWELL Or What If on the past or the future. remember you cannot change it and no matter how painful and terrible things were or you think they will be nothing can change it.

4) Be kind to yourself. all the people i have ever met who have OCD, are the most caring and thoughtful towards others, and seem for some reason to hate themselves.

And Finally Please go to your GP and ask to be referred for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, it will help you immensely!!! :original:

Finally never give up, no matter how hard your hit, get up and carry on. you can and will win your battles and get your life back

Thanks Again

Gryphon

Guest Gryphon

Glad it helped kitty Kay

Thoughts and reality are not the same. If they were, you'd be rich. Try to think about a pot of gold. Think about it all day. Wish for it. Pray for it. At the end of the day, all you will have are a lot of thoughts. but You can't take your thoughts to the bank.

Guest Billie

So well done, you truly are an inspiration. I have told myself many times that I can overcome this, only to get kicked right back. Your words will stay with me. x