Horrible afternoon

Just when i thought I was feeling a little better in a long term sort of way I looked in the mirror in a part of the house where i don't normally and what I saw made me feel really bad.I suppose it was the angle of the light but I just looked so old and wrinkly.So I got another mirror and used the two together to see what I looked like from the side and other angles. I had really hoped to never have to do this again in my life as I hate using the mirrors to scrutinize but this time I just couldn't help it.What I saw just looked so ugly and old.It's been about a year since I last looked with the two mirrors and the change that I saw with the skin under my eyes in particular was far worse than I expected.I seem to be ageing so fast now. I'm feeling really depressed tonight.I'm trying to follow the cbt advise that I was given when I stopped looking with the two mirrors just to scrutinize but I looked so much better then,I suppose I'll just have to get used to it but at the moment at least it seems so hard

Aw sorry your having such a bad day :( You've just got to remember that your exaggerating those things which your seeing and they are most likely no where near as bad as you think! Although I know obviously thats a hard thing to do.

Getting older doesn't make you ugly. I guess it would be a bit of a shock for anyone though if they looked in a mirror when they hardly ever look in one - even for people without bdd! Put your mirrors down for now and maybe try some relaxation techniques to help reduce some of your stress a bit?

Yasmine.I'm so sorry that you are having a bad time too at the moment.I suspect that the woman in the mirror was so like you(obviously) that your mind recognized all of the things it thinks it doesn't like about you and you therefore thought it was someone else who you didn't like the look of. If your bmi is right then there really can't be anything wrong with your body.But yes I like the idea of crying on each others shoulders.We are going on the chat site on friday about 8.It would be good if u could be there too.