Where do I get help?

Guest Emj

Hi,

I went to my gp inquiry January out of desperation who was only able to refer me to a service called italk. I have been dealing with them ever since and every time I get to speak to someone. I just get referred up the ladder as I am a complex case. I don't know how much longer I can go on and I am pretty desperate. I need therepy NOW. I can't stand to go to another appointment again in three weeks to be told that someone else will call me in three weeks. where can I get help from???

Hi

I have read your original post and its about time all the authorities sat up and realised you not only have OCD, but you are in a really stressful situation for yourself and your son.

I went to the italk website and it states this 'For people who need a higher level of support, we can offer psychological therapies with our High Intensity Therapists at Step 3 Team' Is that what you are waiting for, to be referred to step 3? I presume as their website states, you have someone you can talk to on the phone and its this person who says you are going to be referred higher up the ladder. Ring them again and ring them every day if necessary to find out when that is going to be done, its not good enough in your situation. Easy for me to say I know, but nearly everyone's experience is they have had to fight for the right treatment.

Are your son's treatment team involved in getting you the right help? If not I really think they should be, you being well can only benefit your son and his medical team.

Carol