Relevant Question

Guest Nikki79

Guest Nikki79

Just wondering did anyone ever speak about their ocd and some details to someone their no longer friendly with anymore? If so does it ever worry you what they think or did they or do they judge you now? I sometimes find this thought difficult to shake as I wonder how I'd feel if someone shared my condition with me etc..

I did and it doesn't bother me.

For me I feel good about talking to others and spreading OCD awareness.

I always make it clear sufferers are NOT responsible for their OCD - the fellon is the OCD!

I've told people about my OCD that I'm no longer in contact with, though none that I am on bad terms with, which I think is what you are getting at. But even if I had I wouldn't particularly worry about it. I've reached the point where I don't consider my OCD something that I need to be ashamed of/hide from others. I don't exactly go around wearing a shirt that says "hey I've got OCD!" :) but I feel i'm surrounded by enough people who understand mental health and such that when/if they find out, its not really a concern. I know that's not always true for everyone unfortunately, but theres only so much in life we can control, and very seldom does that include what other people choose to do :)

Guest Azamour

I worry about things like that sometimes Nikki. It annoys me because it is such a useless thing to worry about. There is nothing you can do about it now so it pointless to worry about it. Chances are they will not judge you. Most people will be understanding. What reaction do you expect it to get if your ex friend talked to someone else about it. I think she would look like a bitch if she joked or gossiped. If you really think about it... who cares what she says if you don't see her anymore!!

I still prefer to keep it under wraps as much as possible, but one day I might let my closest friends know. I would still keep it very basic though, such as I have OCD & leave it that, & refrain from mentioning some of crazier compulsions that I have had. :whistling:

Guest Nikki79

I just have this fear that this girl could think I possibly could be what I told her I was afraid of or whatever I told her cod honest I can't remember correctly!

Guest Nikki79

I dunno I'm worried I'm relapsing a little polarbear as other ocd type thoughts are starting to want me to ruminate. Its terribly annoying as was doing amazing and still am.

Guest jonber1970

Ive got to the point where I dont give a hoot what other people think anymore, its more important what you think of yourself. worrying about what other people think about you is futile and sounds a little like your OCD is kicking in again, tackle these negative thoughts like you would any other. Dont get me wrong Ive just taken a big hit myself and my self esteem is at an all time low, but the one thing I can be proud of is that Ive always acted with decency and integrity throughout all my trials. Dont let these negative thoughts stop you from continuing to be amazing.

Jon

Guest Nikki79

Thanks Jon for ur reply. I parted ways with a former friend recently and though I probably know why she doesn't contact me now, it still gives me an uneasy feeling when it pops in my mind. Anxious about why she doesn't contact me at all but then initially I started leaving ohe friendship go by choice many months back.