I HATE the internet!!

I cant believe the internet has ruined my mind YET again, and i didnt even go looking for it!

I have major health OCD from time to time, and i just got sucked in for something i never thought i would.

I have just started a new job and i am on my feet all day, i have gained weight so im heavier also. So i did a search to look for a lotion for burning sore feet.

Soon as i did that all the threads went to say "The main cause of burning feet is DIABITIES!!!"

My main fear, why cant i escape this. Everything either leans to Diabities of HIV when i look online. I just got my diabities test result back as negative 2 weeks ago (routine blood work) but now i am doubting the results.

GRRRRR!!!

I have just had enough of all of this (and so has my partner)

Guest Zuzu

Hmm. I'd be willing to bet the main cause of burning sore feet is athlete's foot. I'd also be willing to bet that you are (consciously or not) steering towards those links that focus on your feared conditions and away from those that mention more innocuous possibilities. I say this because I do the same myself from time to time. :) I know how hard it is not to get sucked into the internet, but try to force yourself away, onto something else.

Your right Zuzu, i was totally drawn to what i am scared of the most and basically ignored all the other reason why they could be burning.

i just looked into this cream, and guess what!! its also a symtom of AIDS. What a shocker. So now im back to day 1 of having both fears messing with me.

Guest obsessive compulsive

Hey, Yep OCD is definitely the worst no matter how much checking or proof there is it always finds a way to make you doubt it.

When I was little and I learnt a new word I would start picking up on it everywhere because it was on my mind but I just thought it became incredibly popular as I learnt it, lol. Anyway even though it's not the same context I think your OCD might be playing the same trick.

You know deep down it's your OCD playing another trick because you gave reasons for your feet in your post, also, for what it's worth I'm sure it won't be diabetes!

OC/Chris

Hi Chris

i know deep down that its not Diabities as i only just got the all clear, unless you can get it very quickly from nowhere

now the whole AIDS thing has popped up and thats lurking in my mind

Guest Chelley

Hi cam, i know what it is like to get sucked into the internet. I love Al gore, but this internet thing is really another way of CHECKING . like bookstores, library,s and movies werent enough, now we have tvo. just keep rewinding, Oh , I am trying to make us laugh. it can be a cruel world. hugs Chelle