Kerrang! Music Awards 2013 - OCD-UK become charity partner

Guest OCD-UK RSS

Guest OCD-UK RSS
Kerrang%21AwardsLogo2013_0.png

Kerrang! Magazine the UKs biggest selling music weekly has today announced that this years Relentless Kerrang! Awards will be celebrating its 20th anniversary with a brand new venue and co-host, and they have kindly invited OCD-UK to be the charity partner for the awards event.

Announcing our involvement as the new charity partner, Kerrang! editor James McMahon, Tweeted 'In tomorrows Kerrang! we announce details of our 2013 awards. I'm delighted @OCDUK are our new charity. They were a friend when I needed one.' He went on to Tweet 'Mental health charities can do lots of good. I just needed to know I wasn't alone in feeling like I did. I hope @OCDUK know I am grateful.'

Renowned East London venue the Troxy will host this years Awards on Thursday 13 June, giving the event a classic edge and extra spark for its 20th year! And one lucky OCD-UK member could be there! We have a pair of tickets that will be given away as a competition prize to one lucky OCD-UK member, to be in with a chance of winning them you will need to be a member of OCD-UK and check out the May edition of our members magazine, Compulsive Reading.

OCD-UK representative, and rock chick, Patsy Gough said of this fantastic partnership, "Many young people experience mental health problems, including OCD, and the charity partnership between OCD-UK and Kerrang! will show this young open-minded audience that OCD and Mental Health need not be a taboo subject. We are sooooo excited to be part of this exciting and vibrant alternative music awards show."

View the article on the OCD-UK website