any point to life?

Guest chokoreto

Guest chokoreto

is there any point to live other than eat,sleep,work and use the bathroom?

my school years have all been :censored: and everyone else out of school says that school days were best of their days :wallbash: (nice for some) and now as i finally reach the end of my school days i'm really hoping life doesnt get any worse.i mean school couldnt get much worse.

Guest *shy*

Not long to go now - just stick this last stretch and you'll soon be done! When you leave, you will be able to do what you want, and perhaps you will start to feel better in yourself. Things will get better. x

Guest Lizbeth

Heya

Just wanted to say...schools days are not the best; in my personal opinion, I would pay good money never to be sixteen again. That's not to say I didn't ever have good times but I was such an emotional wreck at the time, dealing with family dramas and anxiety that I didn't understand. Added to that I went to an all girls school for SEVEN years so you can imagine the bitchiness. Life gets much better....just hang on for the last stretch and take the good bits with you but leave the rest far behind.

xxJadexx

Guest Atom

There is a point. There is a purpose for your life, and when you find it, you will understand, and you will be more happy and fulfilled than you ever dreamed possible. The meaning of life, is to live.

It doesn't matter what your life has been like until this minute. That is all in the past and can't be changed, so if you don't like it, just put it behind you; write it off; the future is a blank canvas.

You can't get where you want to go if you don't know where that is. Do you know where you want to go? If you could magically awake into your perfect life tomorrow morning, what would it be like?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chokoreto

a gud question.i guess i'd be at art college-which i'm going 2.up until recently my perfect life wud a been hiding in nunnery for a few centuries.And you Atom?...

Guest idntw

I think often when people say your schooldays are the best they're not really being completely logical. It's not that they'd actually like to be 16 again, what they'd like is to be 29, or 39, or 50 or whatever, but with the lifestyle of a 16-year old. All that free time and no responsibility... I think it's just a kind of grass-is-greener thing - looking back fondly to a time with no responsibilities or scary decisions to make, no children of your own to worry about, and no boring office days, but forgetting all the worrying/depressing/scary bits about schooldays.

There were awful things and good things about my schooldays, and my student days - I wouldn't want to be in those days again unless it was (impossibly!) with all the knowledge and experience I've got now at 30-something (but without the grey hair!). Then maybe I'd have a better time, and also use the opportunities more... but if I had to pick one age to be it would be now, not my schooldays, definitely. Having the freedom and autonomy of being an independent adult, not only that but being past my 'absolutely skint' days of studenthood - all of that more than makes up for the few things (more free time, less responsibility) that probably were better in my schooldays... and many other things like certain worries and stresses were definitely worse in my schooldays...

Guest napo100383

Hey Chokerto

Im from Ireland aswell,although i liked school,it can be hard for some ppl to fit in maybe you have diff interests,im in college now and its 100 times better than school beacuse your with people on your course who have de same interests you can join clubs etc,,

which art college are u thinkin of going to??

Also you say religion playts an important part in your life?are you catholic,im catholic n i still go to cinema and do all de things de church tells me i shouldnt do!! Is it becasue you are really religous which i totally respect or is it beacuse your scared of de church.

there is a point to life though at college your world is gonna be opened up so much school is like a tunnel that you dont think you will ever see the end of,i was like dat in primary school but i loved secondary,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest chokoreto

napo100383,i'm going to limavady college to do art.i'm not catholic ,i felt loosely under the protestant label but i'm not actually protestant.i belong to a strict church akin to the puritans,please dont ask what its called because it has no name :blushing: other than christian.tv,music,theatre,cinema,tattoos,smoking,piercings,drinking,dyeing ones hair,girls with trousers and short hair and guys with long hair are all banned.its not that im very religious for my church (i broke some of the rules above) but im still very religious compared to other churches.every biblical rule is taken literally.i guess one needs a faith to hang on to because life isnt always a bundle of joy.

Guest daybyday

napo100383,i'm going to limavady college to do art.i'm not catholic ,i felt loosely under the protestant label but i'm not actually protestant.i belong to a strict church akin to the puritans,please dont ask what its called because it has no name :blushing: other than christian.tv,music,theatre,cinema,tattoos,smoking,piercings,drinking,dyeing ones hair,girls with trousers and short hair and guys with long hair are all banned.its not that im very religious for my church (i broke some of the rules above) but im still very religious compared to other churches.every biblical rule is taken literally.i guess one needs a faith to hang on to because life isnt always a bundle of joy.

Did you choose to embrace this religion or was it forced upon you by your parents/friends/teachers? I know a friend who's parents brought him up to be deeply religous - of course while he believed it to be the right thing, he was very depressed as he was smuthered. Maybe a different church may suit you more. You say you broke some of the rules. Perhaps you don't feel completely comfortable with it and would prefer something a little more tolerant. If you did choose it by your own free will, then use it to make you feel better. :original:

Edited by Guest
Guest chokoreto

i do feel like your friend but im gradually moving out,my family and friends are starting to accept this.but i do feel sleazy when i go to the cinema and i do follow most of the churches beliefs.