Told some friends

Guest napo100383

Guest napo100383

Recently my friend received text message meant for my mother bout OCD,so i had to tell her bout it,the response has been really good.

I was convinced they would all be really judgemental but ive told three of four friends since and all of them were sayin how brave i was for copin all this time,not one of them had a clue about OCD in the years ive had it which lookin back now is a reflection on how desperate i was to keep it a secret.

Recently though they noticed i hadnt been myself ,because this time i let it isolate me more as i was afraid to go out n drink etc incase id get drunk n kill myself.When I told them about my OCD they have all been great and forcin me to do things which earlier i would have used an excuseyoud like im tired etc,but they are like not tired thats an excuse your comin out n every time i have.

While i think its important to talk and id advise anyone who is tellin someon,e about OCD to make the rite decision who you tell it to becasue some people simply wont understand while the four i told have been gret there are other friends who i wont be telling about this not through there own fault but they wont get it.

Just thought id share my coming out story,also my OCd has been getting better but its kinda there today but thats becasue im going out tonite n i have exams comin up.

That's great news Napo :)

I'm glad they've taken it well and proven to be so supportive. Hopefully, this may really help your OCD by being able to do more things without the fear of being 'Found Out'

Glad to hear your news

Caramoole :)

Guest napo100383

Thanks,its funny cos im always laughin about the fact i have OCD not in a bad way but i make fun of it cos it helps me,

my psych was like last week im puttin u into hospital not because your suicidal your just plain mad(he was jokin hes really nice) cos i was laughin at how stupid some of my thoughts were.

Even with my friends i can laugh about it,plus it s a great excuse to get money of the parents when i want to go out sayin going out and doing things is part of my therapy!!!

sorry if i seem like im laughin at OCD i know how awful it is but i laugh at it to help me realise how stupid it is!!