I didn't even get any sort of good feeling from doing it really, maybe for a few seconds but that was it :).

I think this is a good sign :blushing:

OK so you've taken one little step back by harming tonight, but think of the nine steps forward you've come over the past 2 1/2 weeks :whistling:

Catherine :)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After not self-harming for 2 weeks and 4 days I have just cut :).

It is only very minor and I am sure it will stop bleeding soon. Maybe I'm being OCD-ish but the thing I made the cuts was 'contaminated' but I dunno if it really was or not. I didn't even get any sort of good feeling from doing it really, maybe for a few seconds but that was it :).

:(  :whistling:

33583[/snapback]

I agree with Catherine. You know what? You've done brilliantly over the last two weeks and you've come a long way :blushing: .

This is just a minor blip. The fact that you didn't get any sort of good feeling from it is a good sign.

Take heart from that, Star. You're gonna get there, you'll come out of this the other side... :)

Sending you ((hugs))

Love from K

xx

Hi NS,

Can I just add my vote to that. You have been and are doing, and are gonna continue to do great. :whistling:

I've been meaning to send you a message to say how much "brighter" and more positive you sound lately. :) This is just a "hiccup".

A minor blip thats all. Forgive yourself, we are all human. Put it behind you. You are doing fantastic.

Keep up the good work Star, we are all cheering you on. You have come so far, just one step at a time.

((hugs)) cause you deserve em! :blushing:

Take care of yourself. You'll get there. :)

Luv Debxx

Thank you everyone, you're all so lovely :D :lol: :lol:

I am glad I didn't cut again last night, even though I wanted to. This morning it feels good not to have cut again.

I am feeling quite down this morning, I'm not sure why, so I'm just sitting quietly in here typing this and doing my French homework (due in at 10:05 lol). Am waiting for a v impt phone call today - pleeease let it be good news :).

I don't know whether I'm ready to jump back on the band-wagon of non self-harm again yet...hopefully I am but I really don't know at the mo, am feeling a bit empty. Cried for ages last night :whistling:

Am feeling really bad now. Physically I don't feel great but mentally I feel even worse. I have messed something up badly and it's grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

33718[/snapback]

Hi Hunnyxx

So sorry you're feeling bad hunny, ((Hugs)) for youxx

Noticed this was posted earlier, I really hope you're feeling a bit better now mate.

If you want to talk about what's happened you know we're all here for you :lol: , Please don't beat yourself up about it hun :cheer: , Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll turn out o.kxx

Take care

Love Blue :puke: xx

Thanks blue :lol: :puke:

Well, what it is is that there are 2 people I have ever loved (in that way...I don't mean..yeah, you understand me!). And out of those 2 I got 2 rejections. This is all while my sis is nearly always going out with someone. It just hurts really bad when I love someone so much and they don't feel the same way.

Thanks blue :clap: :lol:

Well, what it is is that there are 2 people I have ever loved (in that way...I don't mean..yeah, you understand me!). And out of those 2 I got 2 rejections. This is all while my sis is nearly always going out with someone. It just hurts really bad when I love someone so much and they don't feel the same way.

33752[/snapback]

You're so welcome hunny xx

Really sorry this is hurting you so much mate :clap: :cheer:

I know you have probally heard this before...but try and look at it like you havn't met the right person yet- Which is so true. You will meet someone, who will love you just as much as you love them, I know it doesn't feel like that right now but... it will happen :clap: xx

I know you don't believe it hunny :D but you really have got so much to offer , I'll list just a few of them :cheer: , You're kind, caring, intelligent, funny and just really lovely, I know people could add loads more too mate !!.

As for the two people.. They don't know what they're missing!! :clap: . You'll find that someone special mate, it'll happen when you least expect it :clap: xx

((Hugs)) sorry for the ramble hun :puke: , Hope that helps a littlexx

Love Bluexx

33752[/snapback]

When I was at school and then again at college - I always seemed to be the 'spare', the one without a boyfriend....but at times I did have a boyfriend - and usually promptly went off him!!!

I had my heart broken when I was about 18 and then shattered when I was about 25 - I thought I would die - certainly never find anyone else I would be loved by and could love.......but of course that was not true and time heals and you do get over these setbacks....even though at the time you think you never will.

When the time is right you will meet someone else - he may or may not be the 'one' for you - but you are still so young with all the time in the world.

I hope you don't think I'm being patronising......but it is true - there are more fish in the sea and some that you will want to love and who will love you in return.

Take care

whitebeam

Thank you you 2 :) :)

I was going to cut again last night, but then I saw blue's first reply just before I logged off and that was part of what made me change my mind, so thank you so much blue :) :)

33810[/snapback]

Aww hunny :) xx, Thankyou!!,

I'm so proud of you hunny!! Well done :) , You can beat this mate and you will :). I'm so pleased that I could of helped a little hun! God that brought a tear to my eye!! :( .

You take good care mate,

Love n ((Hugs))

Bluexx

Btw- I've just noticed that you're going to the group tonight, so well done :( , I really hope it goes wellxx

• 1 month later...
Guest Apple

Hi,

I'm new, I don't have OCD but I do self harm and have panic attacks quite often.

This subject seems to have generated lots of interest and I wanted to give my support to Northern Star who seems to be going through the ringer lately.

I know whats it like, i've been there and am still there.

Hi Apple,

thank you for your support - it means a lot to me :)

I'm sorry to hear you're finding things tough at the mo; feel free to post if you'd like to 'vent' or if we can be of any help.

Take care :)

P.S. :D to the board :)

Another alternative for anyone struggling with the urge to self-harm...how about playing a musical instrument? I have recently rediscovered my guitar and I find it quite relaxing and enjoyable.

Just a thought, hope it's useful to someone :D

Guest Kitty
Hi,

I'm new, I don't have OCD but I do self harm and have panic attacks quite often.

This subject seems to have generated lots of interest and I wanted to give my support to Northern Star who seems to be going through the ringer lately.

I know whats it like, i've been there and am still there.

38275[/snapback]

Apple

Hey and welcome along from me! Good to have you on board. You've come to a great place to get help and support when you need it :D .

I SH on and off - I'm not a cutter, but I understand how hard it is to stop and the thought processes we all go through. Hoping for better things for you soon - let us know how you're getting on.

With love

K

xx

Guest Kitty
Another alternative for anyone struggling with the urge to self-harm...how about playing a musical instrument? I have recently rediscovered my guitar and I find it quite relaxing and enjoyable.

Just a thought, hope it's useful to someone :D

38286[/snapback]

Y'no what? I was thinking about starting up my guitar playing again, too...something to keep my mind and hands occupied and stopping the urge to dig into my arms.

Great idea, NS :)

Guest Kitty
Oooo we'll have a chart-topping group in no time at all, Queenster :)

38366[/snapback]

Ooh fab!! :mad: Dya think we could handle fame, fortune and adulation as the next big thing, Jo?

Guest Kitty
For the first time in a while, yesterday and today I have had the urge to cut. I am finding it so hard not to  :)  :)

38992[/snapback]

((hugs)) Jo. I am right now, too, and am really really annoyed and upset with myself.

We can do this :thumbup: - I am not going to give in tonight, I am not going to do it.

I know you can do the same. Sending you ((hugs)) and lots of positive thoughts.

Take care of yourself.

Love K

xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Apple

Rambling or not it doesn't matter.

You dont have to do this to yourself, I know its hard but it will pass.

Be strong, thinking of you

Apple