• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest patsy
Yesterday I decided to throw away the glass I use. But then I couldn't. I did want to at first but I'm just not strong enough to yet

42633[/snapback]

I'm sure you will when the time is right Jo and hopefully then you will be feeling much better sweetheart.

Love Pats xx

I am finding it really hard not to self-harm.  :lol:  :hug:  :)

43678[/snapback]

Hi Jo,

Sorry you're finding things so hard at the moment. What ways have you stopped yourself from self-harming in the past - perhaps you could try that again.

Otherwise pick up the phone to have a bit of a chat with your mates.

Have you still been going to SHUSH (or was it PUSH??) Has it helped? Perhaps other people there have talked about strategies that have worked for them. It might be a good idea, next time you go, to ask people what they do.

Take care :hug:

whitebeam

Guest Apple

Hi Northern star I hope your doing ok.

Just when I thought everything was getting back to normal, more change is looming in the near future. I got pretty stressed at the weekend but thought I would be ok. Out of the blue I cut myself across my stomach and afterwards felt like a huge weight had lifted off my mind.

Am now feeling better than I was before I cut but know this is not the way to go.I was doing quite well being able to go for months without cutting, but lately due to significant things happening in my life have slipped back into it again. I hope to be able to get back where I was before, though I dont foresee this for a while.

What ways have you stopped yourself from self-harming in the past - perhaps you could try that again.

Otherwise pick up the phone to have a bit of a chat with your mates.

Sometimes I phone someone etc but when I'm really bad then even that seems too difficult.

Have you still been going to SHUSH (or was it PUSH??) Has it helped? Perhaps other people there have talked about strategies that have worked for them. It might be a good idea, next time you go, to ask people what they do.

I haven't been in ages. I always used to tell my parents I was going out with friends because they (parents) don't know I still have self-harm problems. I haven't got the energy to go any more.

Hi Apple, thanks for your message. I'm sorry you had a setback, but please try to remember that things will improve again. You've done it before so you know that you can do it again; it'll be hard probably but so worth it :whistling:.

Last night I hurt myself. I haven't cut myself in a long time, partly because it's my leavers' ball at the end of June and I want to wear a sleeveless dress so I want to have nice-ish arms for then.

When I was taken to hospital I kept banging my head on the wall and the police kept stopping me. Last night I was at home on my own and I banged my head against the wall a number of times. I just wanted to make everything go away :)

Guest Kitty
Last night I hurt myself. I haven't cut myself in a long time, partly because it's my leavers' ball at the end of June and I want to wear a sleeveless dress so I want to have nice-ish arms for then.

When I was taken to hospital I kept banging my head on the wall and the police kept stopping me. Last night I was at home on my own and I banged my head against the wall a number of times. I just wanted to make everything go away :clapping:

44418[/snapback]

Jo

It's a positive thing that you haven't cut yourself - very positive.

I used to bang my head against the wall, too - I've also done some pretty horrid other stuff, one time I kicked the lounge door partially off its hinges (good job I'm handy with a screwdriver :clapping: ). I thought it would make everything go away, too. It doesn't. You're generally ok for a few moments and then the feelings come back again. Atm, I'm struggling just like you are with SH, pinching, nipping, scratching and hitting myself - but it leaves me feeling empty. I'm resisting it by distracting myself with chores, reading, watching tv etc.

Have you still got your punchbag? Maybe you need to use that to vent your frustrations again. Just a thought, but it may help to use it to get some anger out

Hope you're ok

Love Kath

xxx

Guest Dragonfruit
Have you still got your punchbag? Maybe you need to use that to vent your frustrations again. Just a thought, but it may help to use it to get some anger out

44429[/snapback]

I am def going to have to get one of these

Like you said - you get that momentary good feeling but then you end up feeling worse than you did before - I'm struggling with this at the moment too - it's a gorge sunny day and I'm wearing long sleeves - again :clapping:

Guest Kitty

Me too, DF.

My legs are covered in bruises atm from pinching myself too hard - I need something inanimate I can beat the living :clapping: out of when I feel like this.

Guest Muse_Man

Ever tried martial arts, that is also good for channeling your energy, and building self confidence in your ability to defend yourself, and builds your self esteem. Great work out, and you get a sense of achievement! You could try one of your local clubs. :clapping:

Its pretty safe as they use padded protection for sparring (fighting), and its great to get the aggression out by puching a bag or pad there, or someonelse accidentally :clapping: Golf is also great, smacking the ball as far as poss, it a good release as well!

Stuart :clapping: