Bad Night With OCD And Depression

Guest Dippy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dippy

I've decided to come to work today. I've shut myself away all weekend and think I should be around people, my work friends are very supportive and keep talking to me. Hopefully working might take my mind off things. I've joined a football team at work so hopefully that should get me out of the house a little bit more, trying to do something positive even though I really don't feel like it at all.

Guest Bewildered

hi dippy

i just caught up with this thread today. i dont really know what to say! am not to good at saying the right thing.

Just know i am thinking of you today.

Guest Dippy

It's ok, I wouldn't know what to say either. I don't want to be treated any different just because of what's happened. Thanks for replying.

I'm worried if I put a smiley face it would mean i'm happy but i'm not happy.

Hi Dippy, don't worry about how you appear - just act how you want to. If you want to put a smiley face, do so - nobody is going to think that means you're happy. Do whatever you need to do to get through this time. Know that we are here for you and if you just want to talk about other stuff that's fine but if you do need to get stuff off your chest we are here for that too.

I'm glad your workfriends are being supportive.

Rach x

Guest h_777

Hey Dippy, that's good that you have gone to work today and that everyone is being supportive. Also, cool about the football team, I know it must feel hard to do anything, but I think it is better to be out and around people.

I agree with Rachie, don't worry about putting smiley faces, it doesn't matter if it's not really how you feel, we all know you could never be happy about what has happened, but if you feel you want to put one and type about something completely normal then you should!

Hope today is ok.

xx

Guest Fallen Angel

Hey Dippy,Hope you`re holding up ok. :football: Sport will help the production of positive brain chemicals and help you through.Sam.X

Guest Dippy

I'd be happy to get positive thoughts through sleep, haven't slept for the last two nights! Walking around like a zombie.

Hi Dippy

I'm wishing you strength and peace to get through this time. I can barely attempt to understand what you're going through. Well done for going into work and for joining the football team.

Look after yourself :hug:.

Guest Dippy

Thanks Northern Star :original:

I can't even describe how I feel because I don't know what i'm feeling right now? Just numb and shattered because I can't sleep.

Herbal sleeping tablets work for me sometimes, sometimes not. You have to check with the pharmacist if you are taking other medication. I think I got Superdrug's own brand. x

Guest Fallen Angel

If you buy some essential oils of orange/rose/ylang ylang/lavender/clary sage (any combination of these) and put a tiny amount on your pillow at night or on the collar of your PJ`s,just a tiny drop of each ones you choose,I`m almost certain it will help you nod off.You should never use these oils undiluted on skin,and you need to be careful of some of them if you`re pregnant.I find ylang ylang in particular seems to make me sleep deeply.Orange is a `pick me up` oil to help you feel good, Clary sage is meant to lift your mood and relax your body and mind.Rose is good for grief and lavender is the age old favourite relaxant. When I`m next in town,I`ll ask my friend for advice.He`s a homeopath/herbalist as well as a traditional pharmasist. I believe the herbal remedies `Valerian` and `Passiflora`,extracted from flowers and used in tablet form are good for aiding a good night`s sleep whilst also helping with anxiety. ( A bit like Kalms) If they come in tablet form,maybe you could crush them into powder and drink in juice? Health food shops often sell such remedies and may also be able to advise you,and always follow instructions on the labels. I will do some research and get back to you.Love Sam.

Guest Dippy

I'm not keen on taking any kind of tablets. I'd rather it were water-soluble so I can drink it.

I don't wear PJ's. Could I put this stuff on my pillow?

Guest Fallen Angel

Check out this website : www.bachshop.com and click on the Flower Remedies link.It lists all the remedies for different problems. You can order them online as well,via the same website. (I used to always use their Rescue remedies!!) Love Sam.X

You can use essential oils on pillows,but some may stain.

P.S Ylang ylang smells gorgeous

Guest Laurawin

Ok, thanks :wink: :original:

My mum just rang me to make sure i'm ok.

I don't know if they have it there but here I drink a tea made to help. Its called sleepy-time extra and it is all herbal. I have a phobia about that stuff too so this really works for me.

Sorry about all your going through my prayers go with you and your family.

Laura xx