Hello everyone,

Well not like me I know but I've got some good news :a1_cheesygrin: I had my appeal today and the panel overturned my employers decision to sack me, and I'm back at work on Thursday all being well. It's been a long and difficult time, waiting for the appeal and putting my case together, but I now feel I can get on with my life - I seem to have been in some kind of limbo for the past 11 weeks.

In addition my son has improved a great deal, he still has counselling sessions but fortnightly instead of weekly. I just want to say to any new parents that there is hope, this time last year I was in complete despair, (many people on here will testify to that, I am sure) and although I did feel worse along the way, both my son and myself are now feeling more optimistic, and more able to cope with what ocd throws at us. There will probably be spells when the ocd gets worse, however at least now we know there is always light at the end of the tunnel and if we ride the storm it will get better again.

May be now I'll be able to remember chat nights :whistling:

Congratulations on the job front!! :clapping: Great news. :a1_cheesygrin:

Good to hear from you and your post is such an inspiration.

It can be very difficult coping sometimes, particularly at first but most families do seem to find the whole situation less daunting as time goes on.

Ruth also made a very important point recently too, that it's great to come here and talk without having to explain everything all the time. Too true. :original:

Glad to hear your son is also improving, good stuff!

Take care, nice to hear from you.

Debx

Guest tangoblu

Hey that's great news :clapping: So pleased that you won your case and that your son is doing so well....

It's always great to hear good news!

Pam

Guest Cate

Hello everyone,

I just want to say to any new parents that there is hope, this time last year I was in complete despair, (many people on here will testify to that, I am sure) and although I did feel worse along the way, both my son and myself are now feeling more optimistic, and more able to cope with what ocd throws at us. There will probably be spells when the ocd gets worse, however at least now we know there is always light at the end of the tunnel and if we ride the storm it will get better again.

May be now I'll be able to remember chat nights :whistling:

I am glad to hear your Son is improving and thanks for the positive comments as today that was just the good news I needed

Cate

x

Guest Ruth1

Hello soixante

I'm new here.

Having a bad day today, it's brilliant to hear there is light at the end of the tunnell.

Thanks

x

• 1 month later...
Guest tracey11

i have read your post and i am so glad i did.my 17 year old son has just been told he has ocd.i dont need to tell you the utter despair that i am going thriugh at the moment.reading your post is proof indeed that though the tunnel is long there is definatly light at the end of it,with thanks tracey

Hi all,

Yes Tracey it is a long and difficult road.......I have had a lot of support from people on this forum, and would often come on here when I felt in despair. There is always someone ready to give support or advice or just to listen (read your posts) if you just want to vent.

We still have difficult days, however I am trying to have a more positive attitude, it is hard sometimes, but noone said it was ever going to be easy....... ocd is :censored: but with care and support it can be overcome :wink:

Just want to wish Cate Ruth1 and everyone else struggling, well and good luck with the fight :a1_cheesygrin:

Sue x